Thursday, January 9, 2014

STILL PROBLEMS WITH BLOG UGH!

So I am still struggling to get my photo's from Picasa to upload on this blog. If I pull the blog up first and then add the photo which I can do, the photo's come up as they were in their original form before cropping and enhancements. So I like to upload them from Picasa directly so they load with their improvements which is very important with the old photos. So I cannot understand why it is now impossible to do what I have been doing since I started this blog four years ago. It is enough to make me pull my hair out which I will not do as I do not have enough the way it is!

I know one thing I sat at this computer for so long yesterday trying to rectify this problem that it has made my neck and shoulders sore. 

Our pizza last night was very tasty. However I still need to tweak the pizza dough. Everything is good but I should roll the dough a little thinner as it raised some in the oven even though I had it in the fridge for several hours. So it was a little thicker than we enjoy as we like very thin crust.

We have another drizzly day here in Eugene. I do not mind. I know in my mind that in less than two months we will start seeing the first sprouts of spring. The crocus and the daffodils will be pushing up out the soil. I look so forward to spring every year. So I can hold on. It was a different story living on the east side of the Cascades. You had to have much patience as spring did not come until summer was almost upon you. If you were lucky there would be some glimpse of spring in May but sometimes not. It has been known to snow on the 4th of July which we experienced more than a few times. Seems the winters last forever there. No thanks!
It is odd when I do think about Bend. I have friends there, friendships formed many years ago. I do long sometimes to see my dear friends. But I have no regret in leaving Bend. Of course we left it once and came to the valley but returned after five years to try it again. We stayed two years and returned to the west side of the mountains once more. They say you cannot go back and for us we could not. It did not work for many reasons not just one. 
So I find myself content with rain or showers or mist or drizzle. It is all wet weather no matter what the weather folks call it.

Tonight in Zo's Kitchen I am making boneless pork loin chops. I will do my three way dredge finishing with panko and a bread crumb mixture. I drizzle olive over them before putting them in the oven and turn them halfway through and drizzle again. They turn a golden brown with a crisp crust. I will make a horseradish sauce to serve them with. I am going to make rice pilaf and steamed cauliflower with a touch of Ms. Dash and cracked black pepper.
Then tomorrow we having sockeye salmon with fettucinni in a lemon cream sauce with fresh grated parmesan. It is an elegant dish and so tasty and for a side we will have broccoli and I am going to make my daughters recipe for homemade yeast rolls. A very yummy meal it will be.
I want to make a pan of yeast rolls as I picked up some very good smoked ham at my fave deli and I like to make sammies on yeast buns with a horseradish sauce and my sweet dills. A good combination.

Hubby and I are off to buy a new keyboard for the computer next week. The letters have worn off  half of the keys. It is not a problem for me but it is for my husband as he struggles with typing.  I could type blindfolded, no matter. Also now our keys are starting to stick which is a big aggravation. 
We bought this computer about three years ago and it is the best one we have ever owned but the keyboard was junk from the get-go. I do not why we have put up with it this long.

The dryer is beeping at me now so I must go fold a load of clothes. It is laundry day today. I do not mind that. I do laundry twice a week usually so it does not overwhelm me.

As I look out the office window I notice the breeze has picked up the same as yesterday. It is not walking weather that is certain. I am just a fair weather gal when it comes to my walk. I have walked the hardwood floors the past few days. 

So I will continue to work on the photo issue but really I do not know what else to do at this point. I may have my husband try a go of it this weekend.
Bye for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment