Saturday, January 25, 2014

MY 39TH BIRHTDAY

I remember this day as if were yesterday.
We as a family were going to La Pine from our home in Bend to attend a wedding. My sweet daughter made the cake for me and the mirror you see sitting on the table was a gift from my son as he made it for me. I still have that little oak mirror.
I was wearing a new outfit. I had purchased it in Portland a couple weeks prior when I went there on a buying trip for a client with my friend Janis and partner for our design business Independent Interiors. I adored this off white skirt and fitted jacket and I wore a little silk Hawaiian shirt under. Odd what you remember so clearly. It was a very nice day seeing old friends in La Pine, the wedding was lovely and we had a festive time afterward at the reception.
When my 40th birthday rolled around I was separated from my husband and living in an townhouse on the other side of Bend starting a new life at forty which I will say was very scary. That is another story to be saved for another time. 

I had fun this morning. As you know I am not a shopper but the day is amazing and I wanted to get out of the house for a while. So after a quick tidy of the house and even a quicker shower I was out the door. I had two things on my mind. Leather high black dress boots with a low heal and a long black fairly heavy cardigan sweater to wear in lieu of a coat. It is a good time of year for closeouts. I wear a 8 1/2 shoe size though and it seems so does everyone else, there is never that size in closeouts or deep discounted shoes. However I scored. I found a pair of very simple high boots almost touching my knee I would have liked a buckle or two but hey to find my size(the only pair) and have them fit like a glove I feel very fortunate. They were discounted 60% so I purchased them for a mere $25.00.   Of course I would not pass them up. I did not find a sweater so I will continue to look it has to be black so it is versatile.
I went to a kitchen store to look for a komachi knife but did not find one I like. I stopped and picked up a few bottles of wine for our collection in the rack and grabbed a few fresh items at the grocery store.  I stopped and bought five bucks worth of lottery tickets. I do this sometimes whenever I get the inkling.  Then I was going to run my car through the car wash but I guess everyone else on our side of the city had the same idea as the line was so long I bagged that thought.
So I am home now and the rest of the day is mine to do whatever with. I have no plans......laugh. I will take a walk when this is finished and then I will figure out the day as I go. I love to do that sometimes.

My hubby will be home about his usual six pm time. Tonight we are having a Pacific Seafood Tuna Louie with my homemade thousand island dressing. Iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, onions and hard boiled eggs  will round out the salad. I bought a baguette to pop in the oven and that is it folks! Easy fare and light. That tuna that Douglas gave us is so amazing. It is like a solid cake of tuna with the best flavor. It tastes great in a salad.

I will leave you now and get on with my walk. This day is glorious. The sun was shinning through my filthy windows this morning without a cloud in sight. Three days in a row now we have been blessed with this same scenario.
Bye, have some fun this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment