Saturday, January 4, 2014

OUR BEND HOME


Posted by PicasaFor those of you that did not visit us in Bend I wanted to share a photo of our home there. Now this home was built when we moved back to Bend from Eugene in 1998.
We built this home to our specifications and my sweet talented husband built this home with no sub contractors except for hiring out the sheet rock, the roofing, the electrical, plumbing and cabinets it was his baby all the way. He did a great job doing the river rock, it was very time consuming and it was a new experience for him. This house from the front porch overlooked the Deschutes river and as far as the eye could see east. Our sunrises were delicious as well as a glowing red sky at night a gift from the sunset on the back side of our house.
Our plan was to stay in this house forever, but forever sometimes is hard to come by. After we built this house and moved in, we purchased another lot and built a spec house.  At this time the boom was starting in Bend and land was getting very hard to come by. Large home construction companies from out the area bought up huge parcels of land and would not sell individual lots to local builders. We were stressed out as the lots that were available were terribly over priced, you know the law of supply and demand. We just did not see how we were going to make a living in Bend. So we did not stay but a couple of years. I so hated giving up my house, but the folks that purchased it loved it so. They said it was like it was custom made for them. They are still the owners today. So that is the Bend house story. And yes I scanned the photo....laugh.

I have accomplished so much today I am proud of myself. My master bath is spotless and I just now put down the clean cozy throw rugs on the gleaming tile floor. I stripped my bed, washed the blanket put on flannel sheets  then waxed the bedroom furniture.
I worked in the office for a short while this morning and I also did three loads of laundry and when I finish this I am going to make an apple. I try to spoil my hubby when he has a hard long day and this will be one of those days.

I am going to call and chat with my brother late afternoon after I settle with a glass of wine. My backache medicine you know.

Our senate bean soup was so good last night as were the corn muffins. Even though I really tried to make a small pot of soup there is enough soup left to feed the family next door. So the soup kitchen is on for tonight. The pie will be a nice treat for dessert.

So I am on my way to the kitchen to start making pie crust and peeling apples.
Have a nice Saturday. Why not bake something I know that always makes me so happy when the house fills with the aroma of bake goods, but I mostly need to stay out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment