Tuesday, January 21, 2014

COLLAGE OF NEWPORT TRIP 1/14

This is a few photo's our fun getaway to Newport.From left clockwise, Zo standing on the dock with someone's sailing vessel, an awesome sailboat. Hubby strolling down the path by the Yaquina Bay bridge, our little nest in it's RV space with the full moon shining on, my husband strolling along the jetty trail to the ocean and Zo sitting in front of the trailer enjoying the sun and lastly a lone seagull watching over to the bay front at the end of the wooden walking pier

Now on to other subjects. As I was glancing at FB earlier one of my friends had posted yet another something about dogs that was over the top. There are photo's all over FB with dogs kissing their owners faces or worse yet their mouth. Pictures of dogs sleeping under the sheets with their owners and on and on. These are dogs imitating humans and they do a darn good job.

I had pets for the first forty years of my life, yes forty years I was never without a pet. That included dogs and cats both or one or the other. I was a good mommy to my pets but they never once sleep on or in my bed though the cats always tried to jump aboard but were tossed back off. I am not one to have pet hair and other items that may dislodge from furry friends in my bed sheets with me. I enjoy my clean sheets and bedding. No greasy stained bedspreads please. My dogs were not allowed on the furniture for that matter furniture is for people to sit on.
I also feel the country is where pets belong. I see no need for each household in the city to harbor one, two or three dogs. All of our neighbors have dogs. I see them a couple times a day walking their pets down the sidewalks or streets with their little plastic poop bag in their hand. I would not like to be a mommy that had to pick up my darling doggies poop two or three times a day and dispose of it. And worse yet is all those plastic bags winding up in the dump where it takes years and years for them to break down, that is just sad for the earth. Also I do not enjoy going on my walk and stepping into do-do because someone was not tending to the poop scooping task. We always we have dog poop in our yard, oh what fun when hubby mows the lawn and comes in with poop shoes.......not!
This is where I stand. A dog is a dog, a human is a human. We are not the same. Give a pooch an inch and they will take a mile. My dogs when in the house went directly to their blanket or bed and were not allowed to wander the house, under the table begging for scraps, wagging large tails about knocking objects off tables, or worse yet giving you kisses with their tongues on you face or mouth every time they came near. All I can say this dog worshiping has gotten out of hand. It goes well beyond being a good caregiver for your pet. My hubby and I have seen many times strollers with small doggies dressed in clothing with their little toys tucked in with them. These sights just blow me away! It is crazy! Are these folks insane?
Where we were camped at Newport in a splendid RV park there were bags right by the garbage bins for dog owners to use and then dispose of in the trash. Every RV that pulled in someone was immediately out the door with dogs on leashes heading for the bags. Most had two dogs a couple folks had three and some had one. Off they would go on the walk so the dogs could do their thing. Do you ever wonder how much poop is scooped in a day in America?  How much waste in plastic bags goes in the refuse pits? How many turds are left on the ground to dissolve into the surface or be washed away into rivers, ponds, oceans causing contamination?
Folks take their pets to the vet, for vitamin care, to have their teeth brushed and cleaned and dental work done, to have their nails trimmed as well as medical care which cost a fortune anymore as the veterinary world knows they can play on your emotions when it comes to your pet. Then there all of the pet stores. Selling, clothing, toys, beds, blankets, movies and treats for dogs. Now there is doggie TV also. I am saying this whole craze is out of hand. I am thinking that it is better to be a dog than a human. At least that is the way it would appear if someone were looking at our earth from another planet. They would certainly think the dog was the top species on this planet.

In my estimation you are good dog owner if you give your pet attention and love and make sure it gets exercise. Take it for medical care when needed, give it a good diet(not people food) a warm place to sleep either a dog house shelter or a spot in your home that is designated for your pet to sleep. That's it folks there is no need for more.

Tonight in my kitchen a big fat chicken will be roasted in my oven on a bed of veggies. I like to put lemons inside my chicken when I roast it and I make a rub for the skin and do not cover it in the oven so the skin gets crispy. Tomorrow we will have chicken taco's with beans and rice and whatever chicken remains will be made into chicken salad for my husbands lunch. I love a plump juicy roasted chicken. There is just something so homey and comforting about it. Also it is a good meal to make if you are on a budget as it can be extended into other meals or will feed a number of folks.

I must now get on with my day there is much to do.
Have a good one.







No comments:

Post a Comment