Monday, January 27, 2014

MY SUMMER ATTIRE FOR AT THE LAKE ETC.

This will be my go-to beach wear. Obviously I do not wear swim suits any longer and the past few years I have resorted to colorful skirts and white thin blouses with a sun top under. So here I find this great combo a dress or drop it down to your waist and it is a long skirt so I will add a summer white shirt and I am set! As I still like to tan and be cool the dress will work well. You can wade out into the lake in short skirts or I have worn a pair of nylon shorts under for swimming. Works great if you wear ones that do not have side pockets and are thin material. Just peel off the skirt at the waters edge and go for it!
Sad when you get older and the skin starts to droop,hang and wrinkle and what you must do at that point to look presentable. I know why should you care?  I just do, cannot help myself. I am like my Mother in that regard. I remember when she quit wearing the shorter shorts and donned carpri's in warm weather. I do not really remember her wearing swim suits when we went to the river to cool off when I was young. On our Florida trip to spend the winter she was 46 years old(she had a good shape) and never wore a swim suit there. Just long shorts and a cool sleeveless tops.
This little garment is not cheap but I will get a lot of use out of it. I hope it fits as I ordered online and would not want the hassle of sending it back. However it is elastic, that should stretch to the right fit.
Speaking of stretchy things I found a pair of leggings that I had tucked away years ago when they went out of style. Well that trend is back now with high boots, which I just bought so I thought it would be fun to put them on today. I picked them up and looked at them and they looked like they would fit my arm. They are tiny but looks are deceiving. I wriggled my body into them and I was in heaven. Why have I forgotten how comfortable leggings are? I felt like I wanted to run or more practical at my age skip down the street. I am loving wearing them around the house and will get a couple more pair. These are black so will get a navy and a dark green pair if I can find them, then I will be set for the Duck games. What could better watching the game in a pair of comfy leggings and a long cotton Duck tee?

Hubby arrived home yesterday afternoon around 4pm. So we had a nice afternoon and early evening together. I made rueban sammies, they were easy and very tasty. We first sat, sipped wine and visited in the living room, that is our conversation room as we call it. We caught up on the some of the series we follow on the telle later in the evening.

I talked to my son yesterday afternoon. It has been a while since we had a good chat. I sure miss both of my children when I have not seen them for a while. Of course they were both here over the holiday's but still it would be nice to see them more often.

Tonight my husband is making dinner. He will be home early afternoon as today he is applying a coat of polyurethane finish to a floor and cannot apply another coat until tomorrow. Unlike waterborne finishes oil takes longer to dry. So it will be nice to have him home early and make me a Hungarian meal. He is stopping to pick up the ingredients he needs so I am not sure what he is making.

I forgot to mention how wonderful that chocolate pie is that I made the other day. That chocolate pudding recipe is the best. It melts like silk in your mouth. We had a slice last night with some whipped cream and it was a bit of heaven in your mouth. I have already posted that recipe on this blog. I will research it and let you know the date it was posted in case you would like to try it.

I am going to get on with my day now. It is still cold here this AM as I write. This is the first year in the ten years we have lived in this house that my star jasmine that fills one end of the deck and crawls along the railings has dead brown leaves on it. It not healthy looking at all. It has been cold for so long. I will more than likely need to cut it way back in the spring. I know it will survive but I hate cutting it back as it was growing along the deck railing so beautifully. Our boxwood shrubs in the front are thinning out have no greenery whatsoever and look frozen as well. This has been a very cold winter so far and hard on many of our plants.

Much to do on this Monday so I am outta of here!









No comments:

Post a Comment