Friday, January 24, 2014

REMEMBERING TWO SPECIAL PEOPLE TODAY JANUARY 24TH

Remembering two people close to my heart today.
The top photo is my Mother of course. The best mom anyone could ever be so fortunate to have. This is just not my thought everyone that ever met her thought so. My cousins still say to me how much they loved my Mother and loved being in her presence. 
My mother passed away seventeen years ago today. There is not a day that goes by without a least one or two thoughts of her. As my hands touch the kitchen tools she used for years I think of her. As I fold my linens or old pillow cases that she made for me I think of her. As I don my jewelry that she either gave me or passed on to me I think of her. As I look at old photo's read old letters and read the books she handed down to me I think of her. As I use her cookbooks and make the recipes she made I think of her. As I use her special occasion dishware and silverware I think of her.
So you see she lives on with me daily. I also dream of her frequently. Thank you Mom for still being a part of my life.

The photo below is of my gal friend Judy. She is having her birthday today. So I wanted to say a few things about Judy. I met Judy when I was fourteen I know I have mentioned this before.  We were best friends throughout high school and many years afterward. We have always stayed in touch and these past few years though we do not see each other often we write frequently on the email to stay connected.
Judy will always have a special place in my heart as we share so much history. I wrote her today and relayed my thoughts. I told her it seems not so long ago we were silly teenage girls sprawled on a blanket in the heat of a summer day tanning. When I look back I can recall so many scenes so prominently. Like it were just yesterday. The two of us had so many adventures together; after we both married as couples we would go camping and to the coast and mountains. After our children came two for each of us we continued with the little ones joining in on the fun.  
So happy birthday dear friend I hope you have a lovely day as you are lovely gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment