Tuesday, January 21, 2014

ZO AT TEN YEARS OLD

Here I am with my girl friend Betty Kimberling on the swing set at our farm.
Betty and I were best friends all through grade school and then she moved away to Drain in our seventh grade year. I so missed her and we wrote one another until I started high school and then we drifted apart. I believe I was ten in this photo. I know it was summer and I was brown as a berry as they say. I love this photo as reminds me of those carefree days of childhood and playing games, riding our huge horse, playing in the hay in the barn, just being a kid. I look happy because I was happy.

I feel so fortunate that I grew up in the times that I did. The kids of today have so much pressure it seems. So much homework it astounds me. When I went to grammar school we did our work at school. That was what school was for. The teacher gave us a lesson to do and we did it there. No big packs with books hanging on our backs like now days. If I recall the only time I took work home was when I had lessons to catch up on if I had fallen behind from missing school days. Of course once I started high school there was homework required but nothing like now. Usually you were done with your homework in less than a hour.
And summer was for carefree days. I did not have to be at this event and that, summer camps, soccer games(now they play at three years old). I stayed home as my Mother did not work out of the home until I was older. She stayed home and took care of her children and home. Summers gave me time to spend with grandparents and cousins there were picnic's and family gatherings. It was a time for long drives with my family or a vacation to the other side of the united states to visit my Mother's family on the east coast.  It was a good childhood and one I so appreciate all these years later when I reflect back.

We are still in fog and will be for days it seems. It is dismal but I try not to let it get to me. That gray blanket spreads out above us daily. Yesterday afternoon it pulled back it's edges for a moment or two to reveal blue patches.

I will admit I am lazy today. Yes I am. Yesterday was such a busy day for me and I never accomplished what was needed in the house as I was tied up in the office playing catch up. My husband has been busy scheduling jobs and going on bids since we returned from Newport. So that creates much paper work for me to attend to. I had planned on going shopping today but had no time to make a list or make the weekly menu.
So I must attend to that today as well as house chores and finishing the laundry.

I will close now and get to my chores or they will never get done.
See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment