Tuesday, January 7, 2014

RAIN YES!

Yes we are having a little rain today, very light and off and on, but oh how great the fresh air smells. It is like I can breathe again. The oppressive fog is gone and we show showers, drizzle or rain for the entire week and both hubby and I are happy. It has also warmed by about ten degree's. No cold floors in the morning and our heat pump will not be running as much. So all is good.

I wanted to post a photo today but for some reason I cannot. My server is not letting me download onto the blog. So they must be working on something. I will give it another day before I start trying to figure out what to do on this end. I am not a technical person and what I usually do when I interfere with something is mess it up.

I had errands this morning but was back home by eleven so I still have the whole day ahead of me. I am catching up on things in the house and it feels so good. What a difference it makes having hubby gone from the house. My days moves smoothly along without interruption.

Our meal last night of roasted chicken thighs with garlic and lemon and yukon gold potatoes was so good. Those potatoes are so soft and silky inside and roasting them makes them even creamier. The whole house was permeated with garlic as I was also braising kale with garlic. Like i said on FB at least the vampires will not coming to this house.

Tonight for dinner we are going veggie all the way. I purchased huge and I mean huge bakers I will cut mine in half after it is baked and save it for my hubbies breakfast as I always do. We will load those potatoes tonight with the usual potato stuffing fare and I am making a salad to the side with fresh made croutons and that is it.
Tomorrow night it is homemade pizza. I purchased all I need for that meal a few days ago and I am so ready for our own good crispy crust pizza.

We surely would like to go somewhere when my husband is through with this round of jobs but really we should not be away so he can take bids when need be. We will still go to my brothers at some point and are also anxious to use the little trailer and go to the beach. It seems a long time since we have done a thing other than stay home and have company which is nice but it is fun to go. 

I am going to scan a few more photo's now. It gives me pleasure every day to do a few. I sent an oldie but goodie off to my cousin, it was of the two of us and our families out at our farm when we were four. Too cute. He loved it as he already emailed me and thanked me.

I will be sharing some of those really old ones as soon as my server lets me post some.
Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment