Wednesday, January 29, 2014

YOUNG MOTHER ME AND MY CHILDREN

Well this was certainly a long time ago. It was 1964. We were renting a house a few miles south of La Pine out in the country. We had but one vehicle so I was really a stay at home mom.
My husband at that time worked long hours as a electrical lineman for the local power co. He was gone from home for long stretches at a time especially if the weather was stormy. There was one winter storm that kept him away for three days. The power to the house went out during that time so I had to keep the huge fireplace going 24-7. Just going to the wood shed to get the wood was an effort as the snow came up to my thighs. I remember it well.  One time I was nearing the woodshed and there stood a huge 5 point buck deer. We just looked at one another and then he bolted and bounded through the snow ever so gently.
I heated my baby daughters bottle in a pan in the fireplace as well as made hot cereal for the little ones. I put both babies in bed with me at night so we could stay warm. It was like homestead days I swear. My grandmother said I was a brick, that was compliment.

I received some wonderful news. My grandson Tyson and Lindsey are getting married September 7th. As you know they had a baby girl Olivia this past September 29th. Ty and Lindsey have lived together for approximately three years and are currently living in a hundred and ten year old home in Oregon City. We are so happy that this union will take place not only for Olivia's sake but because we absolutely adore Lindsey. She is a amazing young woman so unassuming, polite, sweet, thoughtful and so cordial and warm. She is special. Tyson and Lindsey make an adorable couple, Tyson is 6'3'' and has a large structure, broad shoulders, big arms and hands etc. Lindsey is 5'1'' I think she said, and is very petite. She fits under Tyson's arm.
So the wedding is going to be at Champoeg Park near the Aurora area. So we will be there of course celebrating their life together with Olivia who they endearingly call, "little O". Well of course they are both big OREGON fans. So that is where probably that came from, cute.





It is cloudy and warmer here today. That pleases me, though it is dark indoors for the lack of light outdoors it is so nice to have the daytime temps back to normal.

Tonight for dinner I am making seared wild sockeye salmon with risi e bisi. The fillets are a good size portion so I am only making the one side dish  as salmon is so rich. This afternoon I am making lemon cookies which will be a nice light dessert. We polished off the last of the chocolate pie last night.

Well I am going to sign off this post and post another today as I have new photo's of Olivia.






No comments:

Post a Comment