Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A FAVORITE PHOTO OF MY MOTHER

This has always been a favorite photo of my mother. She was such a beautiful human being inside and out. In this picture she just looks perfect. Her great smile, dark silky hair and sparkling black/brown eyes set her apart from others. She sits so composed with her back so straight. She always keep that posture her entire life until she passed at eighty-five. 

So we made it through last nights meal though I did not know what to make. We wound up having chicken fried steaks with boiled yukon gold potatoes with gravy and salad. Not bad and quite quick to fix. Nothing fancy, but hubby said he wanted comfort food so this menu did the trick.

Tonight I am making chili with a base from our fresh tomatoes I made up last summer and froze. This batch has garlic, peppers and onions roasted along with the tomatoes. I think that will be just perfect for a pot of chili. I will make cheesy corn muffins to serve along side or plop in the bottom of a deep bowl and ladle the chili over. This is my favorite way to have them.

I have a laundry list of to-do's today as well as more laundry, laugh. So it will be a busy full day for me.

We climbed out of our warm nest very early this morning. Not that I wanted to, I was so relaxed and my body felt like cement I did not want to stir. But hubby was signing in the shower and making racket as his went through his morning routine so I pleaded with my feet to hit the floor and get moving. I groggily put a breakfast together for him and stayed in sleepy mode while making his lunch. I surely hope I did not do something stupid like forget the lunch meat in his sandwiches or worse. After the door closed behind him still early I made my tea and made it strong. Read the paper and I finally felt awake.

My husband called from the job site after he arrived and informed he forgot to put out the recycling and garbage. So maybe he was not so awake either. Regardless this did not make me happy. It was thrashing rain at the time. I had to dress, grab my rain coat and cap and get the two bins and blue box to the curb for pickup. This was while I was still in a stupor! I had not yet finished my tea!

Well now that I am awake and functioning I should get on with my day filled with chores. Oh happy Wednesday!
Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment