Saturday, March 1, 2014

WHAT MY HUSBAND DOES

So this is what my husband does to bring the bacon home!
He is so good at laying and refinishing hardwood floors as he has been at this craft for some while now. Some have said he is an artist. He gets many referrals and sometimes notes along with the final payment for his work stating how much they love their floors. I am very proud of him and believe me it is not easy work.
He working today finishing up a job with the last two coats of finish. He will be home though at a decent hour today.

I am making crispy oven fried pork portions for dinner with a veggie and rice casserole featuring fresh broccoli and carrots. The reason I say pork portions is I bought pork chops and steaks a mixed family pack. So they will need to be trimmed and cut into smaller portions.

I made a white cake yesterday, called old fashioned fluffy white cake. It is rich the recipe called for a whole stick of butter plus a cup of milk and lots of vanilla. It is very rich so I made no frosting just sprinkled a little powder sugar over the top. We each had a slice topped with the sherbet last night and I was humming. It was so refreshingly bright tasting with the lime, orange and strawberry sherbet playing off the rich buttery cake. Instead of two cake pans or a rectangular cake pan I opted for a round nine inch pan. So I needed to add some extra minutes to the baking time. The cake is high and fluffy just as the recipe said it would be. Yummy!

Sad to say it is another gray day here in the valley. But my mood is not gray as I am finished with the taxes as of this morning. So today is a day of some catch up house chores which I mostly have accomplished at this point. The washer is sloshing away on it's second load of the day.
I took a short walk earlier and then visited with my neighbor. She was trying to work in her rose garden bed which is full of daffodils at the moment. It is so chilly for working outdoors but Dee is a devoted gardener and enjoys it. 

I had planned to go over to the mall this afternoon as there a couple of things I wanted to purchase. But I am giving up on that for today anyhow. Better to finish up the laundry and relax this afternoon(I may nap) as I had another restless night. Does anyone sleep well? The folks I talk to all have sleeping problems and are taking this and that for it. I take nothing except on rare occasion I will take an advil and it does help relax me. As I rarely use any type of meds even over the counter, a little goes a long way with me.

Well now the dryer beeping is really starting to annoy me. My dryer has the most obnoxious buzzer you will ever hear on this planet. So loud and it goes forever it seems. So I must attend to it before I lose hearing in both ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment