Sunday, March 9, 2014

CRUNCHY DEEP FRIED PARTY WINGS


















My oh my these were the best party wings made right here at home. I am going to share this recipe that I adapted. We will always make these when we want wings. As I cannot have hot sauce, hubby likes these wings just seasoned and coated and fried and then he adds his buffalo sauce and ranch. I just dip into the ranch. We had a wonderful slaw and shoestring fries to go with. We ate the entire ten pieces between the two of us.

Here is what you do.
ten wings or party pieces
one shy half cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper

Dry wings and roll in flour mixture. Let sit for 30 minutes. They will get sticky, then put into the flour mixture a second time. This how they get a double crispy crust.
Heat oil to 375 degrees or until a wooden spoon dipped into the oil begins to sizzle(this is what I do).
Add the wings and fry till golden and done about ten minutes or so depending on the size of the pieces. Keep them moving in the oil.  
After they have fried put them on a wire rack to drain for a couple of minutes.
Put in your mouth and crunch away! So good.

So tonight in my kitchen we are having sausages from the meat market(so good.
I just put them in the slow cooker with a bottle of beer. They will simmer slowly all day in the beer. We have not done this method before but it was recommend by the meat market. For a side I am making fried red spuds with the skins on with shredded savory cabbage mixed in. I will make a horseradish stone ground mustard sauce to go with. A very simple dinner the kind my hubby loves.

Speaking of my husband he has been working two days now painting the garage cabinets. They are gray and he is putting red metal handles on them. I think it will look smashing.

Today I will finish the Cover Oregon forms and put into the mail tomorrow. Then my extra paperwork will be finished. Thank goodness between that Cover Oregon form and taxes I am worn out from it all.

It is rainy and showery here today. Gray and wet. The weather coming up though in a couple of days is to be sunny. We are watching the weather at the coast. I can be ready in no time at all.

As you know I do not much on Sunday's and today will be no exception.
I remember my childhood when Sunday's meant church in the morning for my mother, little brother and myself. No way my dad was going to church so we left him to tinker in his garage. After church we would come home and Mom would spend the rest of the day in the kitchen making a delicious Sunday supper as she called it. More than likely there would be company for dinner, either family or neighbors. It was always a nice special day.
Have a lovely one yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment