Wednesday, March 19, 2014

OH THE BEAUTY OF THE PLUM TREES


Our street is once again a thing of beauty. The pink blossoms against a backdrop of deep blue is so lovely.
Today again is a gorgeous spring day, no wind, warm air pungent with blooms. I so look forward to days like this when we are enduring the dreary gray days of winter. So I will be outside today doing this and that. There is so much to attend to it boggles my mind at this point. As we had such a cold winter with lots of freezing days our plant life around our house has suffered. Today I may get that star jasmine cut back to a few inches from the ground. It looks like a plant you would see in the Adams Family show, withered, gray and dying.  So sad as it was the showcase of our back yard and deck.

My husband has gone to see his mother at the memory care home. He will stop and get her a little burger and milkshake for a treat. I sent along magazines.

It is later now.  Hubby was back home in a flash as his mother has yet another cold. This is her third, in as many months.  I suppose it is hard to stay healthy in that environment. Anyhow he left the burger and shake with her to enjoy and did not stay. We do not need to be sick in this household.

Now that it is early afternoon the sky has mostly turned cloudy but there are still blue pieces spattered here and there. That was what the weather forecast called for. So I have been working indoors. For one thing I was looking for my fried salmon fingers recipe. It is my own recipe and it is good. But it appears I did not write down what I did. I remember it was a simple light breading. I also remember it being delicate. Well there is another place I can look and if I have no luck I will fly by the seat of my pants.  Nothing new for me.

My next chore now is waxing the furniture in the living room and cleaning the glass. So I am off to finish my house chores.


No comments:

Post a Comment