Friday, March 28, 2014

GLOOMY RAINY DAYS


















Yes the past few days have been grim. Just as this photo out my door depicts. Dark gloomy and cold.
Today we went into monsoon weather to pick up my mother-in-law to take her to lunch. You cannot believe how hard it was raining the windshield wipers could not keep up. Hubby parked in the reserved parking in front of his mothers unit and left the car running so I could stay warm. When he came out with her in hand it was a torrent. By the time she got settled in the back seat of the SUV all was wet, the seats and my hubby's momma and hubby were sopped. It did not get any better by the time we parked at the mexican eatery. When we all entered the restaurant we were chilled and wet. Is it really the end of March? Oh yes it is Oregon and anything can happen this time of year, how do we forget?

After we warmed up I will say that his momma enjoyed her meal so much and we could tell she was happy to be out enjoying a lunch with her son and his wife,(me). We had a leisurely lunch letting her chat to her hearts content. It was good. The weather turned better as to mean no rain at the moment when we left. I am happy we made the effort as she seemed better today and was very congenial in our company. My husband is such a good man, it filled my heart to see him so tender with his mother. Holding her hand as he walked her to the car and so tenderly helped her inside. He is such a caring son and that just makes me love him all the more.


I wonder how many of you are fans of the show NASHVILLE. We love that show.  Granted it has almost turned into a soap opera. Well who cares? My hubby said, "this reminds of MELROSE PLACE". Well I said, didn't we love that? And he replied yes. Well I rest my case.

I will leave you now as it is Friday night and I am reminded it is a anticipated night and I want to have fun with my husband. The best way to be having fun is with the one you love.
Ciao.  




No comments:

Post a Comment