Friday, March 21, 2014

THE 80'S BIG HAIR TIME IN CANADA

The eighties the time of big hair and tight jeans and big sun glasses, puff jackets, shoulder pads and fun times for us!
Just look at us too funny. However I wish I had that mop of hair now. Hubby with his big mustache. Honestly I miss his mustache. He is so handsome in one.
My brother Jack took this photo as he and his wife Brenda trailed us to Canada. We were there for about eight days. It was a great time sharing camp spots at night and traveling through the Canadian Rockies by day. We had run in's with bears, Brenda and I saw the largest elk right off the side of the road I have ever seen in my entire life or even in a photo. But alas both of our men took the camera's on their fishing trip that day. How dumb is that? We spent time in the many hot springs resorts and made amazing food on the camp stoves. We hiked in bear country and rode bikes till our butts hurt. We had lunch at the incredible Bnaff Springs Hotel and tried to evade the elk that were all over the streets of Bnaff. We slept in a tent they slept in a van. They were safer and drier by far. We dealt with two days of pouring rain trying to keep everything dry under tarps. So the stories are many and a wonderful time was had and lots of memories to reflect on.

I heard from my daughter yesterday and they are coming next weekend for a visit. So it will be fun having Mr.and Mrs.Douglas Roan with us for the weekend. This time we will not stay in the house all weekend as Saturday we will be poking about the 5th St.area. One of my favorites area's in our city. Lots of pubs and eateries and stores etc. We will take a cab from here both ways. A little expensive but not nearly as spendy if one were to get a DUI. No one should drink and drive and of course we will be consuming alcohol while bar hopping.......duh?

Today I am off for a fun shop(I hope). I have not been to Trader Joe's for a long while and I am out of so many staples that I buy there. Then off to Shopko for some sale items and hopefully find the right color green rugs for the RV. I also want to check out Nordstroms Rack. It has been here since xmas time and I have yet to go. I used to love the Rack when I was a working gal and bought many garments and shoes there. Then on to Walmart for necessities, then to pick up some fresh produce. So there are a couple fun stops in the agenda today.

It is to be nice weather this weekend. So hubby and I talked this morning and we are going to work outdoors. I will take care of the deck and the jasmine plant and my big herb barrel. Now can you believe it looks like my rosemary that has been growing for four years now also froze this winter as well as my lemon thyme. They will both have to be replaced. My snapdragons did not make it either. The mint is fine as it was under the eves but that I did not really care about. Anyhow a lot of plants to replace this year and a tremendous amount of cleanup to be done.

Tonight I have decided to make tuna cakes with cal rose rice and fresh tender asparagus. I have not made tuna cakes for sometime and we always enjoy them. I love that I can get the outside so crispy by using panko.They are chucked full of flavor as I mince an array of ingredients that is mixed into the tuna.

So I had better be taking my shower, getting myself together and be on my way.
Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment