Thursday, March 20, 2014

THROWBACK THURSDAY

I remember this photo like it was yesterday. I was 39 and visiting my parents in their Ryderwood WA. home.
I had been working out since my ordeal with cancer and I was running also. In fact right after this photo was taken by my mother I went for a run. Oh how I miss having energy. I will say though these were trying times, divorce, new jobs, changes in my lifestyle etc. the eighties were a wonderful time of enlightenment and growth for me. I think we all have a period in our lives where we felt most excited about our life in general. For a lot of women it is when they have children or when their children are young. Well of course nothing compares to having a child, but for me it was not the best time of my life. In the eighties I found myself evolving on every level and achieved much growth. I was physically fit, I was mentally sharp, I was exploring the spiritual side of my self, I was making new friends and eventually found the man I am still with. So a lot of living for me occurred in the eighties.

We woke this morning to sun flooding into the house. The moon was still high in the sky and so bright all looked very pristine as it was cold. Now as I type and look out the office window the fog has rolled in. Funny how the fog or gloom takes away ones energy. I was planning all I would do outdoors today when the sky was happy with sun. Well I am quite sure this is only temporary as we are to have a nice day today.
Really what I want to do accomplish today is working in my kitchen. My cabinets are so in need of a cleaning and waxing. The windows need washing, the appliances need attention and some of my utensil and silverware drawers need cleaning and sorting. So I really feel I am in the mood to do that project today. I will put some music I adore on Pandora and make my kitchen shine.
There will be time to get at the outdoor work as the weather looks decent for quite a long while now.

Hubby is working the rest of the week. Nice to have him out from under my feet.....laugh. I just do not accomplish what I want to when he is home. Do not ask me why it is just the way it is.

We had salmon fish fingers last night as I mentioned. Very yummy as usual. Tonight I am making another easy meal. Mac and cheese with kielbasa slices, sauteed green beans with butter and lemon and italian toast. Which is nothing more than our leftover Italian loaf that I will slice plop into the toaster and spread with herb butter.
I like to use radiatore pasta for the mac and cheese. It is short macaroni pieces that is ruffled. All the creamy cheese settles into the creases coating each bite....heaven in your mouth.

As it is now almost nine-thirty I must get busy. I have been up for hours and have not accomplished a thing that matters.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment