Monday, March 31, 2014

MY PARENTS ARTHUR AND MARTA

Here are my parents in March 1983. Just a year later in March my father died.
As I was cleaning out my linen closet yesterday my mind was flooded with thoughts of Mom and Dad. I let go of two older small size quilts that they had sent me. Dad cut the squares and Mom sewed them together. I have so many quilts I still have five left. How many quilts can I use?  My kids have as many as they need and they made quilts for all the grand kids too.
The little vest my Mom has on in this photo was knitted by me. Yes I used to knit. Knitting is hard. It is so much easier to crochet. I made quite a few sweaters knitted and crocheted in the seventies.
This photo was taken at their home in Longview Washington.
Love Mom's big eye glasses. Remember the days of the extra large glasses? I know I had sunglasses that covered most of my face. Probably not a bad thing considering skin cancer.

Today is laundry day for me. The hamper was full again. Most of the laundry is hubby's work clothes. I am conservative with my clothing since I do not work outside of the home any longer.

Our taco's last night and the beans and rice especially were so tasty. Tonight we are having baked chicken tenders, fresh spinach and cheddar mashed potatoes. I thought I had purchased frozen boneless chicken breasts but when I grabbed the bag out of the freezer this morning they are tenders. Oh well I will just bake a few apiece for us. I salt and pepper my chicken and dredge it in flour, then into beaten egg, then into a half and half mixture of italian bread crumbs and panko. Put them on parchment paper on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with a little paprika and drizzle them with a tad of canola or olive oil. Bake at 425 for about 40 minutes. I turn them over once about half through the baking time and drizzle with more oil. 
This make for a crispy brown crust. Of course if you are using bone-in large chicken breasts you will bake them closer to an hour.
Another thing I sometimes do is add grated parmesan cheese to the final dredge.

Well the dryer is screeching at me so I must attend to it before it drives me insane.
Even though it is Monday, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment