Sunday, March 30, 2014

LINEN CLOSET

Hello Sunday. Hello clean and orderly linen closet!
So Sunday usually a lazy day for me was a productive day and once again the back of my SUV is loaded with items for St. Vinney's.
What an assortment this time from sheets, throw pillows, blankets, fabric, lamps, toaster oven, Cool Daddy deep fryer used once (we did not like it). And all sorts of oddities, decor items, silk flowers and plants. How did all those items other than linens wind up there? Well I will tell you. My linen closet is huge. Floor to ceiling it goes the length of the rear hallway by the laundry room. So I have always stored extra items I need like paper towels, paper plates, solo cups, light bulbs etc are tucked in there. I also keep my plastic ware in there in a big bin. My roaster pan, dehydrator, pressure cooker and items I do not use that often are at home there also.
It took me the better part of the day to do this chore and I am so thankful it is done!

My daughter and her husband are moving to a gorgeous home. The kitchen in that home is magazine worthy. I will look forward to cooking there with her. A lovely gas range, I adore cooking on gas, tons of counter space all topped with granite. They will be moving the 10th of May after her hubby gets back from a business trip to Europe. I cannot wait to go after they are settled to have a late celebration of our birthdays. The house is located in what they call the Caulfield area of Oregon City. The house is fairly new being built in 2007. Gina said it is so well made with all the bells and whistles. I guess so, cherry floors, tray ceilings, stone fireplace, arches,lots of tile.  She is so excited like a little kid.

Her daughter, my granddaughter Kali is also moving to her own place. She has been living with Gina and Doug for the past four years so it is time for all of them to have their own space. Her father is helping her buy a condo and she is over the top right now with happiness also as she condo shops. 
And here is my son also a home owner now settled in Central Oregon so a lot of good changes for my family.

Our patty melts were so yummy last night. I love patty melts a fat fix I know but oh so good. I seared the burgers in my black iron skillet but they were medium inside and so juicy with white cheddar oozing out the edges of tuscan pane bread. I love using this bread as it gets so crispy. We had a green salad and italian dressing to go with.
Tonight we are having rice and beans. The recipe calls for small red beans, onions, peppers, stewed tomatoes and topped with cheese. To hang out on the plate with that I am making taco's. Hubby loves this meal.

We have an overwhelming week coming up. We have so much planned to accomplish. For one thing we are getting our new smart phones. I think I want the Blackberry Z10 I am not sure what hubby has in mind. It will be fun to have new phones as we are both in need. Of course we could go on using what we have but I want more technology but I hope the phone is not to smart for me.

I am reading a book now that is blowing my socks off(does anyone ever say that anymore?)
Regardless this book is overwhelmingly sad and heart wrenching in places and is a certainly a page turner not knowing what will happen to all these intriguing characters.

Well I am ready now for a glass of wine. I want to relax a while before it is time to get dinner prep going.

I hope you are having a good Sunday, I have loved mine so far.
Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment