Monday, March 17, 2014

BABY OLIVIA AND HER MOMMY LINDSEY

Here is our little dumpling sitting on her mommy's lap. What a little character. She is a plump "little O" as she is called.
I have made up a album for Oliva and her family is very thoughtful to post photo's to my timeline on FB so I can download them. I surely wish I could see more of them all especially Olvia as she is growing so quickly. But at this stage of my life I am getting a little weary of driving long distances. I-5 traffic wears me out and going over the passes is a little stressful. So I do not make the trips as I used to in the past.

My son Mike has a bought a property outside of La Pine and is in the process of moving there now. He and a buddy are making a trip over the mountain today with a load. They will stay for two nights building a fence with the help of Mike's father for Mike's dog. Mike wants a secure place for the pet before he takes him over. Then he will return to Portland and make a couple more trips with a moving truck and his pickup.
He asked if I would come asap and help him set up as I always do but I do not like to travel over the mountains this time of year as the weather is not reliable. My hubby and I have come back from Reno many times the first part of May and have had snow or slush on the Willamette pass. I would not like to drive it alone. So my husband and I will go over later in the spring or early summer and spend a few days. I will hang art work and cozy the house for him. I know he is buying a new leather brown sofa and chair/ottoman. He wants some new wall art, throw rugs etc to tie in. So he may wait until I can help him.

Mike is very excited as there is a large shop for all of his toys and hobbies. He loves to tinker as I call it in his garage. There is a big wood stove in the shop for those cold days in central Oregon. The place sits on a acre. So my son is very happy and pleased. He is more than happy to get out of the city of Portland. He has always been a country boy at heart.

This will be my second post today and it is a busy day for me. But after seeing these photo's of little O I thought I would sit down and rest my back and write another post. It is restful to me to sit here and write. Actually I love it. I am a fast typist and with spell check all goes quickly.

Now the back has rested a few minutes so off I go again to toss another load in the washer. The last one! I am looking forward later to plopping in my chair and putting my nose back in a difficult book. I think I may have bit off more than I wanted to chew in choosing this book. It is heavy. It is story about a Swedish family who took in a baby who was Jewish and raised him as their own. It is the time period of 1939-1945. So you can guess at the stress of this family in knowing what the Germans were doing. There were not many Jewish folks in this little town in Sweden but still their was anxiety among all of the town folks for their own reasons. The book is not a page turner and is quite slow at times going into the past of the characters etc. But I am hanging with it as I am learning history and what happened in other countries during world war II. I am a trouper when it comes to reading.

I will post tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment