Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW











I always make the same crockpot stew. This stew is simple to make and delish.
This is what I do.

1 1/2 to 2 pounds chuck roast or steak or sirloin steak cubed in one inch pieces.
1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper to taste.
1 can of beef broth
2 -3 carrots sliced
3 potatoes diced
1/2 onion chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika


Mix flour, salt and pepper and paprika together and dredge cubed meat.
Put into slow cooker
add the carrots, potatoes, onions, bay leaf, garlic and stir. To the beef broth add Worcestershire sauce pour over all in the slow cooker.(you can also add a shot of red wine).
Cook on high for six hours or on low for ten.

Now this makes for a brothy stew which we like sometimes, or if you prefer a gravy stew you can make a packet of brown gravy mix as directed and then add to the pot stir well and serve.

Hubby is on a bid this morning so he is going to stop by the bakery and pick up a baguette which I will heat till crisp and hot.
So dinner is cooking as I type I will have an easy night in my kitchen.

I just heard from my son in La Pine. They are building fence today for the dog. He is so happy but his knees are giving him fits. One is so badly swollen he said it like a basketball. That is why is not working any longer, both of his knees are bone on bone as the doctor says. He will have surgery at some point on both knees. But first things first waiting for his disability to come through and resting his knees after this move. Once he gets all of his things moved over there he can just relax and do a little everyday putting all in place. But the move is taking it's toll.

So today I still must clean the trailer. It does not take long as it is so small. I keep it clean while we camp. So usually just the floor needs cleaning the fridge and potty and that is about it. I also have office chores today which I did not get at yesterday. I just was tired yesterday after four loads of laundry, grocery shopping, doing necessary things in the house, putting all the items away from camping and cleaning out the truck, then dinner to make. When you are retired there is always another day, thank goodness.

It is a stellar day here today. Very cold last night but is so clear this morning. Today brings springs sunny face pasted on a deep blue sky. Truly wonderful!

Well I need to get some bills out before the postman comes.
Have a great spring day wherever you are. Get outside if it is nice and breathe in that wonderful air. Luckily I can still do that no effects of tree allergies yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment