Monday, March 24, 2014

THE BIG OLD BEAR DOG LIKES HIS NEW HOME

My son emailed this morning and said his big dog Bruin is loving it in central Oregon. This photo of him was taken at his Portland house. Mike said he just has his snout in the pumice dirt continually sniffing and that his nose is white from the dust. It was nine degrees there this morning it is always colder than La Pine as it is a hundred feet higher. He lives on the way to the high desert. He said Bruin justs curls up like a sled dog he has so much hair. Well cold is cold and I do not like it since I am older but my son and his dog are loving the heck out of it!
It is to snow shower there starting tomorrow for a few days. Rain here. Darn. I have piles of debris in the yard as the refuse bin is full and will be until it is picked up on Wednesday. So now all those piles will be mattered and wet with rain.

I hear we have a new addition to the neighborhood, some little lap dog making a big noise all day across the fence. Oh yeah something to look forward when we want to enjoy our deck. I get so sick of folks not tending to their dogs and letting them yap and yap. Don't they even think of others nearby? I don't think the constant yapping will be conducive to sitting on my deck and reading which is what I had planned to do about now as it is so pretty and warm outdoors. Bah..humbug!

Tonight in my kitchen I am baking pork chops and making a apple cider sauce to drizzle over them. Rice pilaf and Trader Joe's baby green beans with lemon butter will finish off the meal.
Our pizza last night was just amazing. Loaded with crispy bacon, two kinds of cheese, and sliced leeks that had been sauteed in a tiny tad bacon grease. Now I know this is a fat fest but believe me nothing makes anything better the way bacon does. So once in a while does it hurt? Now I know I mentioned yesterday it was to be a veggie pizza......but we thought why not do this? We can have veggie pizza when my daughter is here as she is not a big meat eater.

Well though the yapping dog is still yapping I do want some sun today. I have finished what I set out to do today. It was a full day considering I was tired as once again I did not sleep well last night.
So off I go for a little vitamin D.


No comments:

Post a Comment