Thursday, March 27, 2014

ORIGINAL RECIPE TOLL HOUSE COOKIES WITH WALNUTS

So what a day I have had......busy, busy!
First of all up at six, fixed my husbands breakfast and lunch and out the door he went. Quickly glanced at the paper and gulped two cups of tea. Tidy'd the house, into the shower and out the door at 8:30.
First stop Freddies a $140 dollars later over to St. Vincent De Paul to unload the back of the SUV, my old treasures for someone else's new treasures.  Then off to another shopping area two stops later racing home.
Hauled in groceries, stored three half cases of soda's in the garage fridge and racked 10 bottles of wine in the wine rack and wine cooler. Then put groceries away while talking to my daughter as she had called. Then after we said goodbye I cleaned veggies and stored them in the fridge bin. Then I got out my ingredients for original toll house cookies. Mixed them up and started baking. While the cookies baked I unloaded the dishwasher. Now that the final batch is out of the oven cooling I am plopped in the comfy computer chair writing this blog after taking a photo of the cookies......lord I am ready to sit down it is after three. I still have the baking mess in the sink soaking however, my back would not let me carry on without a rest.

The visit with my daughter was a good one as always. I love when she calls. I also had communication with my son today he emailed me. He is so darn happy it makes me so happy.....Ah mothers and their children. He was in his office a 2nd bedroom he made into an office. He said it was snowing hard and it was so wonderful to be cozy in his house and writing to me while watching the snow fall.
His big ol' dog was brought in as he has no dog house yet.  He was in the laundry room cozy and dry also. Mike said he ordered him a Igloo Dogloo. They are good dog houses. Insulated and large made like a igloo. It should be delivered in a few days. As the winters are so severe there it is good to have decent warm shelter for the dog so he does not need to be indoors. He is to big for a house dog. So anyhow all seems good with man and his dog in snow country.

I also heard from my old school chum this morning via the email. My schoolmates get together every few months and share news and stories and catch up. How nice that would be. I wonder if I were to see them again if I would remember them. I have been out of touch since I left high school with most of them. If you do not stay in the area I suppose that is what happens. I heard that a couple school friends have passed......sad. The one gal I actually went to grade school with also. She was always the smartest girl in class. Makes you think when we get to this age that you had better not take a thing for granted.

Tonight in my kitchen I am making  fettuccine with asparagus in a light sauce. Sounds good huh? I have not made the recipe before but as this is asparagus time of year and we cannot get enough of that tasty green stuff.  I thought it would be good in a pasta dish. I will report tomorrow.

Well best get at cleaning up my baking mess.
Then to my chair, a glass of nice pinot noir and my book to read until hubby comes through home.
See ya.




No comments:

Post a Comment