Monday, March 3, 2014

BAD HABIT HAPPENING WEEKLY AT OUR HOUSE

It seems every week I am making pizza. Now this is turning into a bad habit. Too many calories, too many carbs and just not that healthy. But oh how we love it. And each week it just continues to get better and better. I made the dough perfect yesterday, it was so pliable it stretched and flipped and did all the tricks I asked of it . Of course it was ladled with my homemade pizza sauce, then a layer or mozzarella cheese, then covered with thinly sliced leeks and finely sliced tid-bits of pepperoni. Ah pure perfection.
We enjoyed it last night while watching the Oscars.
I really enjoyed the Oscars last night. Ellen does such a great job as host. She is so bright and so funny. I think I will have hubby record her daily show so I can watch at my convenience. 

I decided not to run errands today and mail the taxes off to the accountant. They are ready to go but my husband and I will do that running tomorrow as he is off and then stop afterward for a quick lunch. So today is filled with very necessary household chores. The clothes in the hamper are creeping their way out and both bathrooms need attention.

We are finishing off the pizza tonight and I will make salad with ranch dressing to go with. So no cooking for me tonight.
A tip. To reheat pizza set the oven to 355 degrees, put the pizza on a pizza pan(I use an aerated pan it works so well) and bake for about six minutes. The pizza comes out almost as good as freshly baked. This works best if you do not slice it first. We learned this trick from reheating Little Cesar's pizza's. That is their instructions on the side of the box. I for one do not like reheated pizza in the microwave as it limps it and that wonderful crunchy crust is ruined. Nor do I care too much for cold pizza I must say I did when I was younger though. But now I like that cheese on there remelted. 

My husband is busy in his garage again today. It gets messy so quickly when he is working every day. So today he cleans the garage and then takes his sawdust bags to Lane Forest to dump them. As he has been busy there are many bags. Really this is an awful chore as when he dumps the sawdust out of the bags it flies every which way. He has to wear a mask.

Well I am off to sort laundry and get that chore underway. While the washer does it thing I will be scrubbing toilets.........oh what a fave!
See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment