Wednesday, March 26, 2014

DEATH VALLEY PHOTO SHOOT

Here are some photos taken at various times we visited Death Valley National Park. Top photo left is a hike that hubby and I went on one afternoon. We hiked about four miles up a trail from where we were camped. Before we returned large dark thunder clouds rolled in and it smelled like rain, but it did not. I was happy to be back at the motorhome without being caught in a storm.
Top right. I was getting ready to take my bike off the rack. We biked every morning a few miles before the heat came up. This is not a flattering photo as I was wearing overall shorts that hang like wide sack on your body but they were comfy for riding. Bottom left another bike ride this time to the Mule Team Borax camp. The ride was on pavement and downhill all the way, oh what fun! Well the uphill climb going back to camp was far from fun but I was a trouper and kept up with my hubby. Of course my legs were like jelly when I got off my bike and was so happy to get back. Then my husband said, do you want to ride over the pool? I could have hit him! Last photo on right is at the golf course. They have an array of picnic tables set up among covered wagons and other old artifacts. We would rent a driver and couple buckets of balls occasionally and hit to our hearts content. There rarely was anyone about. We would take a bottle of wine and picnic lunch quite often to this spot. Great memories for us both.

Well another change in plans. My daughter e-mailed last evening. Gina asked if we had plans for the following weekend and if hubby was working then. They both want to come next weekend instead of just Gina coming this weekend. We concurred it would be better as hubby has nothing scheduled for then and the weather is not going to be nice this coming weekend. Besides our guys enjoy one another so much. So next weekend it is. That does give me time now for a few other things I would like to do this week. 
So the guest room is now clean and organized waiting for company. The following weekend after Gina and Doug are here we are having my hubbies brother and wife from Bend for the weekend. As my husbands niece Sarah is arriving from Scotland and everyone wants to see her and meet her boyfriend who is coming with her. He is from Scotland but his family now resides in Holland. He is studying to be a research oceanographer,if I remember right. Also my husbands other niece Kara is graduating after getting her associates degree in business. So there will be a lot going on over the next few weeks.

We have had showers and blustery wind today. Seems more like early March weather. But as I have been busy in the house I have not cared.

Our chicken veggie soup and biscuits were wonderful last evening. Who does not like home made soup on a rainy night? I made enough that we will enjoy the same meal tonight. Those biscuits.. well I will not go on about them again.

I must now make out my menu and grocery list for tomorrows shopping so I will leave you.
Hump day today. Hump day for me when I worked was Thursday as I got Sunday/Monday off. 
Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment