Saturday, March 22, 2014

TUNA CAKES

These tuna cakes are loaded with flavor tender inside and crunchy outside.  I enlarged the photo so you could see their texture.

So I had quite a shopping spree yesterday. I had one very full cart at Trader Joe's. I bought six loaves of bread alone. It freezes well if I put into ziplock freezer bags. They have wonderful sourdough sandwich bread and their specialty breads are so yummy and reasonably priced. So I stocked up at Traders as I have not been there for some time. This time of year they always have their basil plants and I get one each year. They are large with lots of leaves. I just pick off the plant all summer using it in many dishes.

I then went to Shopko and yes I found three green rugs for the trailer. They are a combination of sage green just what I was hoping to find. They are very thick. I like to use bathroom rugs in my RV's as they are so cozy underfoot, wash well and things to do not stick to them like so many rugs nor do they fuzz. My daughter suggested I buy green rugs as they will go so well not only with the upholstery but with the cherry cabinets. She was right.  I also bought some small items I needed in the trailer. A magnifying mirror to suction to the bathroom mirror a good quality paring knife etc.
Then on to Walmart for needed staples. So my suv had a load. Then home to grab the quickest thing I could put in my mouth. It was after one pm and I had had nothing to eat but a half piece of toast for breakfast. Why do I do this myself? I know I will get hungry at my usual time 11:30. Anyhow I had some egg salad made up in the fridge so I spread that on a piece of toast and wow it was good! A tall glass of ice tea and I back in the groove.

Today is so beautiful and when I finish this post I am going for a walk before I start my outdoor work. I will not take a long one just twenty minutes or so. I want to make sure my back holds up to doing all I want to accomplish today.

I heard from my daughter last night and Doug will not be coming with her as he will be with his children. There was a switch in plans. So Gina and I will have some gal time. However my husband said he would take us to lunch on Saturday. That is sweet. I hope the weather will be nice next weekend as the deck will be presentable it would be nice to sit out and enjoy the spring sunshine.

My son Mike moved to Central Oregon a couple of days ago but have not heard from him as yet. I am sure he is very busy. He had so much to do in a short amount of time. Moving in always so hard especially if you have the amount of garage items and play toys my son has. It entailed several trips from Portland over the mountains to his new home. My hubby and I will go see him when the weather allows so I can help him with the finishing touches in his new place. We are looking forward to having a place now in central Oregon where we can take our little trailer and spend a few days in the hot summer sun. With all the lakes throughout the area and hiking etc. we will have some fun times. Going via the way of the Willamette pass from Eugene, it is only two hours from door step to door step. The same as it was when Mike lived in Clackamas. Only this drive will be much nicer than zoning down the interstate.

Well time to lace up the walking shoes and head out the door into the sun and walk down the street rimmed by soft pink plum tree blossoms. Beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment