Thursday, February 27, 2014

AHHHHH LASANGA

Ah lasagna always a fave.
Thick gooey cheese, meat, noodles, sauce. What is not to love?
I always make a small one as the big baking pan is just overload and we get so tired of it before we can finish it. Last time I did make a big one however as I froze half of it as I wanted to take it on our Newport trip. That worked well as it was wrapped in triple foil so I just popped into a hot oven in the trailer. Such an easy dinner.

So today I am off to buy groceries and run errands on a rainy dark day. We are to have rain throughout the next few days. It is chilly out and gloomy. Not my fave to go out in this weather.

The progress with the taxes is coming along. All that needs doing now is transferring all my figures into the booklet, making some copies of documents, signing and sending them off. I will do that on Monday. Thank goodness I am seeing daylight in the office again. My back was putting me down yesterday late afternoon when I finally gave up the battle and plopped into my comfy chair with my book and a glass of wine in hand. My brain and body had had enough for one day.

Tonight in my kitchen we are dining on left over lasagna and bread and I will add a side of sauteed zucchini. It is nice that I do not have to make a big dinner this evening.

Tomorrow I will bake. I have not deiced what to make as yet. I am craving sherbet however so maybe something that would compliment that. As I have a bit of lactose tolerance issue ice cream will sometimes upset my digestive system. What is strange is some brands set it off more than others. The purer the ice cream the more difficult it is to digest. The cheaper brands that taste less palatable do not seem to bother me.But I do not care for those but I have had no problem with sherbet.

I made out a very simple menu for this coming week. Basic meals I know my hubby likes. I have so many items in my pantry and freezer. So I will create meals with what I have mostly on hand.

Well the day is carrying on without me so I need to join in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment