Saturday, February 8, 2014

SILENT NIGHT OUR STREET

I took this photo about nine last night. Nary a foot print on the side walk in front of the house or leading to the front door. It was so still and quiet. Not one sound came from any directions. Most folks were tucked into their warm homes enjoying having the day off. Many work places and stores were closed. The streets and freeways were such a dangerous mix of ice and snow it was treacherous to drive.
We sat and played gin rummy at the nook table and watched huge flakes come down for the most part and then some freezing rain came through. Then finally the silence.

Our roast was good and a easy diner to put together. Tonight we have roast remains morphed into shredded beef taco's.

Another day with my husband home. With the ice thick under the blanket of a foot of snow, no one is going anywhere. So hopefully tomorrow he will be able to make his way to the job site in the hills.

We watched the opening ceremonies last night from Socho. It was beautiful, they did a fine job on the building that was constructed just for the opening and closing ceremonies. No other events will be held there. We are looking forward to the watching the Olympic's every evening now. We both prefer the winter games to the summer ones.

I am not planning any big projects today. I will tidy the house and then I want to scan some more old photo's. That scanner is a wonderful Christmas gift my husband gave me.

February is a big month for birthdays in both my hubbies family and mine. Starting tomorrow with his mother's, then his nieces, then my son and a couple days later on Valentines day my daughters, then hubbies sis Liz finishes off the month. I think I forgot someone well I will remember at some point.

The ginger cream cookies and old family favorite are wonderful as usual. They are such a glorious mixture of warm spices, with cinnamon,ginger,nutmeg and cloves. They have a cake like texture and are not sweet so you really need the butter cream frosting on top. I was going to have a couple with my tea this morning but decided on a half piece of toast to go with a wonderful crispy mashed potato patty my husband made this morning for breakfast. 

So I am off now to enjoy my Saturday.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. If you have snow it is so nice to stay in enjoying your warm home. I love glancing out the windows seeing the frozen snow and knowing I am safe and cozy in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment