Monday, February 3, 2014

OVER THE HILL

Seems as if I was just there, "over the hill" where does that put me now?
I remember this day so well. I was at work at Wall Street Interiors in Bend. At the end of the day my co-workers had crazy gifts for me and we all shared some nice wine. Then they took me over to my favorite Italian restaurant Sully's. All my other friends were gathered there waiting.  There was a long table with more over the hill balloons and more gifts. They must have been about twenty of us. My boss and friend Jacqueline bought my meal and drinks and then after dinner a beautiful cake was presented to me and yes it was loaded with 50 candles. It was a very special evening for me and it was wonderful to be in the company of all my dearests friends. To think that was almost 22 years ago amazes me as sometimes it seems like yesterday I was a designer working at Wall St. Interiors. I worked there for four years full time then worked part time for Jackie doing store display and doing a few model homes a year. I could not work full time any longer as I was helping my husband build homes and market them. So part time work was perfect.
I still keep in touch with some of my friends in Bend. A great bunch of women to enjoy life with.

The cold is approaching us at this time. You can feel the temps dropping. We are having an Arctic blast come over us. By Wednesday it will be into the teens once again at night.  It will remain that way until the later part of the weekend when a pacific front will collide with the remains of the Arctic blast and could possibly bring us freezing rain or snow. Lets hope that does not happen! 
My husband will be working in the Coburg hills over the weekend so we do not want icy roads as his work van would not do well in those conditions.

I am tired today as my hubby did not sleep last night and was in and out of bed several times. I am a light sleeper so I am disturbed by every little movement or noise. So therefore we both felt wiped out when we crawled out of the warm flannel sheets this morning at 5:45 AM.  I so would have loved to stay in bed and snooze.

I think I am going to make a pot of some kind of soup today and make my mile high biscuits to go with. I will have to see what the fridge and pantry hold and go from there.
Our mexican fare last night was very good. There are some remains so I will fix myself a taco salad for lunch today.

So the Seahawks won the Superbowl. I am happy for my Washington family they were thrilled beyond happy. My great niece Jana who lives in Edmonds Wa. had her two little  sons four and one dressed in all the Seahawk gear she could get on their bodies. She sent photo's they were cute and the boys seemed so excited. Fans already!!!

Well I have typical Monday chores today and then I must spend time in the office. So I will leave this now.


No comments:

Post a Comment