Saturday, February 22, 2014

IS IT GRILLING TIME YET?

I am so hungry for a grilled steak whether on our big gas grill or our compact Smokey Joe. But the weather is just not good for outdoor grilling. It has been showery, windy, cold, soggy and whatever mother nature throws at us. This is a grilled steak with a spice rub, grilled med-rare and then left to sit with a wad of herb butter for eight minutes. I lay foil over the top to keep the heat in. Then eat and enjoy. Yummy!
But no steak tonight. We are having pizza, yes pizza once again. I need to make it every couple of weeks as to not forget and to even more improve my technique. Tonight's offering is good quality pepperoni, with sliced black olives and onions. I like making pizza on the weekend when my hubby is home as we always have a good amount left over and he can snack on it all weekend. Believe me that husband of mine is a snacker.

Well as mentioned yesterday we were going to check out a RV park at Fern Ridge. Well we did just that. The owners of that RV park have let folks live there permanently it seems. The view was beautiful and the park is right on the reservoir and that part is nice. However the sad part is that these full time nesters have added a conglomeration of sheds, shacks, added on buildings to their RV's and what have you. So it is a big eye sore. So no thanks! What could have been very nice has turned into a shanty town. At least we got out of the house and went for a nice ride through the country. It was nice seeing the big sky with a billowy mix of clouds some quite angry dropping dark shadows over farmers fields.

My husband is on a bid this morning then stopping to see his Momma at the memory care home. He will take her a milkshake. I sent a handful of magazines.

I have to say the Olympic's has been a pain in the butt to watch this year. They do not come on until eight and go off at eleven. Who stays up that late? We have only seen one medal ceremony. I missed most of the ice skating competitions as they come on last it seems and then not wanting to hear the results the next day is about impossible as it is all over the evening news. Even though we have a DVR and my husband is recording the Olympic's we cannot watch more than we do in real time. So I am bummed out as we love the games but the time difference has made it awkward.

We were to have sunshine today but none has appeared yet. I wanted to take a nice walk today in the sun. My body is craving exercise. I can just feel my muscle tone going away in my legs. This winter has been the pits for enjoyable walking. I do not like to be cold so walking in the cold does not excite me. So we will see what the afternoon has to offer, it may perk up.

I have some emails and a post to write for hubby's business blog so best get on with it.
Hope your weekend is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment