Wednesday, February 5, 2014

BABE IN ARMS

I was a babe in arms here and it appears I was trying to wriggle loose of those arms. I am with my father Arthur, mother Marta and brother Jack it is summer 1942. I was about three months old. So cute Mom in her hat and Jack in his beanie. This was our house in Vader WA. When the folks moved there Dad bought the best house in town and in fact he bought the whole block. Well if you have ever to been Vader you would understand it is a very tiny berg but very pretty area. My grandma, my fathers mother lived there is why they settled there from San Diego, via the east coast.

So today I planned to be off to the grocery store early and to run errands but my hubby called soon as after he left for the job site. There were problems with the electrical there and he could not plug in his sander. He needs 220 power for that and that circuit was shot. So he is home for two days. So we will have a little fun.
We are going to get the groceries together, this is not necessarily good as hubby has a tendency to toss things in the cart and I go strictly by my list. Then we are off to the Steelhead Brewery for lunch. One of my hubby's fave places to go for a pint. So I will drive us home. They have good pub grub and it will get me out of the house as I probably will not venture out the next few days as storms are to come in.

So here it is later in the evening. My husband is in the hot tub I choose not want to take one it is so cold out and I would love to but it makes me feel so tired the next day.
We had a good day spending money...laugh. Well as I surmised extra items were being tossed into the grocery cart by hubby that I was racing away with. Run fast Zo!
Then onto the Office Max. Good heavens, I sort of mentioned to my husband I needed a comfy chair for the computer. Well we have two chairs in the office at this point. There is one we have had for a number of years, it so hard to sit on, it has really bottomed out, the other one was once a nice leather chair we bought from my hubby's niece who is in Edinburgh Scotland at this time. Well the chair has never fit me and has given me a backache ever since we bought it. But we wanted to buy it from her and give her the price she asked as we wanted to help her gather money for her trip abroad. So it is what it is.
So today we came home with a new wonderful leather chair that fits me to so perfectly. Then we bought a new keyboard for our computer. We surely needed to do this as the letters were worn off the keys of our current one.  I can manage but it is hard for my husband and some of the keys stick besides. We have a new wireless mouse also.  So needed things were added to our office which I so appreciate. 
Then we were off to lunch. So it was a full afternoon.
Now as hubby soaks in the tub I will return some emails and then I am off to get cozy clothes on and sprawl on the sofa to doze and watch the tellie.
It was a nice full day shared with the love of my life. I feel so blessed.
Ah..... time to relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment