Wednesday, February 19, 2014

BROASTED CHICKEN YUMMY












Yes this was amazing chicken. Prairie Schooner will see us again with our legs under the table crunching on these legs. Next time we will we split an order as we brought pieces home. The chicken pieces were plump and cooked to perfection with a crunchy goodness. The jojo's were also good though I ate but a couple. I had two glasses of Duck Pond Chardonnay which was pleasant with notes of apple and pear. Hubby had a pint of beer.
It was storming something sinful when we left for our lunch. The wind was whipping turning the hard falling rain sideways. The windshield wipers barely could keep up.
When we returned home we played two games of Wii golf. I won both games..ha. Then we played gin rummy I won. Then on to Yahtzee and finally hubby won something. Poor guy. He was getting frustrated I think.
Then we listened to music and finally settled down to watch the Olympic's. So a nice fun day with my husband.

It is quite nice out as I write and I should be walking. I feel a little tired however no extra energy to expend. However I know it would probably give me extra energy not take it away. But I feel lazy. I was hoping to sleep in this morning but hubby was up early setting the garbage and recycling out as he did not attend to it last night. So of course that woke me, then he jumped back into bed all cold and wanted my body heat. Well by that time I was wide awake. So no more snoozing for me.

I had a good breakfast made by my husband. He made potato pancakes with onion and sour cream tucked inside. They were crispy and so good. I only had a small one however as I am not a eater in the morning. The most I usually can muster is a 1/2 piece of toast or a small muffin. Today for lunch I will have a piece of cold chicken.

I heard from an old friend this morning via the email. It is always good to hear from my gal friends and hear what they have been up to. A lot of my friends travel, in fact most do. We do not as my husband is not retired. So we do our little getaways that I am really content with. I feel another coast trip approaching we are watching the weather and can be ready to roll in a days time. So if there is no work for a few days at that time we will be off.

Tonight for dinner we are having crockpot pork which I already have slow cooking away. I will make mashed potatoes and sauerkraut and put dollops of both in a bowl then serve the pork and it's juices over the top. A nice dab of sour cream and ah it is heaven.

My daughter and Doug will be home from Hawaii Saturday. Seems they have been gone forever. Though she kept in contact with me via the email several times to keep me informed of all the fun they were having.

I am outta here now, I have chores that are screaming my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment