Friday, February 14, 2014

ANOTHER VALENTINES TOGETHER

This is our 31st Valentines together. We always have celebrated this lovers day with a small gift to one another and a lovely dinner. So I wonder what my husband will pick up for me today? Sometimes it is flowers, a plant, a CD, a favorite bottle of wine or champagne that I like, candles, or several of these items tucked into a gift bag. One year he got me a darling bracelet, another time a gift certificate to my favorite kitchen store. So you see that sort of thing. This year I bought him different kinds of micro brews he likes and a box of candy. You notice I did not mention that he gives me candy? We have a rule no candy for me. I do not really care for candy and my body surely does not need it.
Tonight for dinner I am preparing salmon  seared in the black iron skillet with salt and black cracked pepper and drizzled with lemon juice. We are also having asparagus and a bottle of pinot noir.
I am going to mix up my one bowl chocolate cake with chocolate glaze for desert. So simple but feels a little decadent.

Another gray day with a little rain now and then but it is mild and I am content with the weather.

My daughter is having a lovely time in Makaha Hawaii. She wrote this morning that they are basically the only tourists there. The condo they are staying in is just like promised. Newly remodeled and so comfy on the 9th floor. She said they leave the sliding door to the lanai open 24/7 for the tropical breeze to waif in. The beach is virtually empty of folks, and she said not a gift shop to be seen. The condo complex has a spattering of older folks staying there. All is quiet and nature abounds. Doesn't it sound just grand.
Today is both Gina and Doug birthday's. So I would imagine the celebration is on. Surely it is a amazing Valentines day for them.

My hubby will be home early today. Yes. Maybe I can twist his arm to play a hand or two of gin rummy. We are playing a on going game that has been going back and forth for many hands. So on his days off or short days we sometimes play. I wonder who will finally scarf up the bowl full of quarters?

Well whether it is Valentines day or not laundry waits for no one. That hamper is plump!

Enjoy your sweetheart today if you have one, if not pamper yourself and have a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment