Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WOK FOOD

This was to be our dinner last evening I had everything chopped and ready to go. Then the power went off for three hours last night. As I finished dicing the chicken, the lights went out. I scrambled for lighting as the house went completely dark. I grabbed a flashlight and then proceeded to light my oil lamps and then some candles to put in the bedroom and bathroom. My hubby came home to a lamp lit house and a cold dinner of salad and cold slices of bread and butter. Later just before nine the power returned and we heated mugs of chicken noodle soup. Then watched a hour of Olympic's and off to bed.
So I still have all those veggies chopped and waiting in the fridge so it will be a easy dinner tonight. The photo is of a previous dinner.

Today it is rain and more rain. And yes we do so need it. We have some wind but not as bad as the weatherman predicted. I am staying in today and working in this office so it makes no difference to me. In fact it is quite cozy.


I had a very nice visit yesterday with the birthday man my son Mike. He had just returned home from spending time with his sister. She was so sweet she bought him a german chocolate cake as that was always his birthday cake of choice when he was growing up. He said he had a nice day and talked to everyone in the family.

Seems I bought the grocery store out yesterday. But you know I am the kind of person that needs my pantry, fridge and freezer full. As I love to cook and bake I like to have the supplies on hand I need if I decide to whip something up.I also bought many things at the $Tree. I have not been for months in fact I think the last time was when I visited my daughter in Damascus and we went to the one there together.
I get some office supplies there, such as paper clips, pens, post-it's, that type of thing. Also a lot of cleaning supplies. As I have mentioned before there spray window cleaner is great. A different container but the same product as the grocery stores. Anyhow it was fun to poke around the dollar tree.

My daughter Gina and Doug are off to Hawaii at ten this morning. So they are waiting for their flight at this moment. They will be celebrating their birthday's Valentines day. They were both Valentine babies...how sweet. They have so many things planned for their ten days there. It will be an amazing trip for them.

Well this office waits for no one so I best to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment