Tuesday, February 4, 2014

PIONEER WOMAN'S BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP

After looking through my fridge and pantry I decided on the Pioneer Woman's cheese broccoli soup. The recipe looks amazing. So I will report tomorrow how good this soup is. I think it will be perfect this evening with the hot biscuits or dinner rolls.

So back to my day the temps are still dropping and the furnace is running almost non-stop. Another high power bill....ouch! The last cold stint we went through the power bill for the month was over $250. This past bill was lower coming in at $200. But still as we pay water and sewer on top of that at $65.00 it is a lot for utilities a month. 

Tuesday AM. The soup was so creamy and cheesy. It was extra good as the biscuits and honey along side was mouthwatering. If you want to try this recipe just goggle, broccoli cheese soup and click on the Pioneer woman. It was a little time consuming by the time I made the soup and the biscuits from scratch but you could just have a boule or french baguette to toss in the oven, or simple sourdough toast.

I have a lot to accomplish today so I am making rigatoni tonight with a salad of mixed greens and creamy Italian dressing. I could make Italian pasta dishes blindfolded.

The house was colder this morning even though the heat had been on for a while. You can tell what we are in for the next few days. I will go tomorrow rather than Thursday to get my groceries and run my errands. Thursday is going to be brutally cold for the valley.

I have so much office work today I will just have to muddle through it. Even though I have been doing a fairly good job of keeping up with it somehow I have still fallen behind.

I have been drinking tea instead of coffee. I think I mentioned that before. It is so much easier on my tummy I love not having stomach upsets. However I miss the stronger wham of caffeine that coffee has over tea. I have just finished two cups of tea and still feel lethargic. That is not the case with coffee I feel activated but with a tummy ache......darn.

I better get to my day before I fall asleep.
See ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment