Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WHAT IS IN MY DNA?

















Well looking at this seventies photo I wonder. I recall what a cousin told me once at a family reunion. She related that she had a genealogy search done and it revealed that my great grandmother on my fathers mothers side was a quarter African american. Another family member had a trace done and they were told my great grandmother on my fathers mothers side was half Canadian Indian(french Canadian). Which would make more sense as my father's family and ancestors lived in Canada for a good deal of their lifetimes. But both stories seem to fall to my great grandmother. I wonder what she did and with who?
One wonders how some of us in the family get so black when we tan. My father, myself, my younger brother and my own children. We all have this smooth hairless Indian skin also. So go figure? We will never know for sure but we do not care it is always a good story.

Well now I apologize for this large font once again. Why this happens and why I cannot rectify it is mystifying.

It has been a busy day and it is time now to take a break.
We did the floors today. A big project as I had mentioned yesterday. Oh they look so wonderful now and feel so good underfoot. I love hardwood floors to look at and to walk on. Our house is 1900 sq ft and only one room is without hardwood. So that is a lot of cleaning.
So with that project out of the way I went on to wax all the furniture in our bedroom and changed the bed linens. I have been working on my menu and grocery list and did office duties also this morning. 
We are making jerky at the moment or at least making marinades for the meat. My husband went to the market and bought a beautiful lean boneless roast.He has it in the freezer at this time waiting for it to freeze a little as it is easier to slice partially frozen. We have both made our own brine. His is a basic recipe with a little heat. My is terriayki with ginger and brown sugar with other ingredients. I have made this mixture before and it agrees with my taste. In about an hour hubby will slice the roast against the grain and we will marinate it overnight. Then tomorrow it will go into the dehydrator.

Tonight is baked potato night with salad. So no stress there. And oh I am so tired and do not feel like cooking. My night last night was restless and sleepless.
I found myself waking from a frustrating dream a little after midnight. I then started to think about this and that I could not control my mind no matter how I tried to still it. All of my methods failed me. So I laid with eyelids a twitter and fought my mind. After a long while I glanced at the clock, after one AM it glowed. I was no where near falling off to sleep. So I very quietly slipped from the comfort of the bed to the cold floor. I slid my feet into my well worn slippers and tiptoed out of the room and silently shut the door closed behind me. Once in the kitchen I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of Gatorade. Then grabbed my book in the living room and then to the sofa in the family room. I plumped the throw pillows added hubbies blanket to my own and cuddled down with my book. By now it was close to one-thirty AM. I then read my book 
until three-forty AM where at that point I forced myself to sleep by running colors an old trick I learned at a spiritual workshop. Well it did the trick for a while at least. I woke again later with a toe cramp and had to walk that out before it turned into a foot cramp and then a leg cramp. By that time I just decided I should go back to bed and see if I could drop off for another hour or so before we got up. Well it still did not work, hubby was doing his little snorting thing and my toe continued to bother me. So I just gave up and got up. Not fun! So here I sit a very tired Zo. I just poured a glass of white wine sometimes that will revive me but it is not doing it's magic this time and I am wilting fast.

I heard from my son again today. He has been working in his huge shop getting all orderly where his tools and toys are concerned.
He said there was five inches of snow on the ground this morning. And that when he awoke he looked out and did not see his dog in his dog house or see him at all really. Then he looked closer and there was Bruin curled up in the snow with just a little black fur sticking out through the snow mound. Funny. The dog likes it!

Well I need to move or fall asleep in this comfy computer chair. I have it tilted back and the thought of sleep is so inviting my eyelids feel like lead, I am so ready to nod off.
So off I go to unload the dishwasher and keep myself awake. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully I will have lots of energy.
See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment