Wednesday, April 16, 2014

BACKPACKING IN CENTRAL OREGON

So here I am in 2000 camping at the base of Broken Top mountain. Hubby and I hiked in about five miles. It was a great spot not to far of a hike not to much of a uphill climb though enough to give your legs a little burn. The weather was beautiful. I miss those days but at least I had them. It is the greatest experience to be out in nature far away from anyone and just enjoy your surroundings. The stars at night seem touchable. The coyotes howling sounded as if they were right outside your tent. The air is sharp and crisp at night so you snuggle deep into your sleeping bag. It is very cozy. Morning brings even colder air it seems so you quickly dress and head for a spot in the sun. The alcohol burner stove is lit and water is heating for tea or coffee. There is an assortment of energy bars,fruit and nuts for breakfast. When you let yourself become totally immersed in the tranquility and peace that surrounds you, you are truly blessed.
Really?  I took my crocheting along on this trip. Well it gave me something to do once we arrived at our destination and it was light to pack and took up no room to speak of in my pack. Notice a wine bottle on side of me and my water bottle on the other. Funny girl!

Well I have things to do today that I have not yet done. Hubby is working now until Easter Sunday and then starts a job Monday. So I will have the days to myself to get on a schedule once again and get my ducks in a row.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment