Friday, April 18, 2014

OUR SPRING YARD IN OUR HOME DOWN THE STREET

Yes this was our front yard in a home we built down this very street back in 95. We lived in this home until the summer of 98 when we then moved back over the mountain to Bend.
My husband did a phenomenal job on this yard. The amount of tulip bulbs he put in was overwhelming. When they all started coming up it was so very exciting. Also back by the fence in this photo he put in delphinium bulbs. That will be the other photo I put at the end of this post.
This house had a charming little front porch where I would sit and read and gaze at the flowers.
In the large backyard my hubby built a roomy gazebo that we housed our hot tub in.  Inside we had a large palm plant and then put hanging begonias at the entrance and clematis looped in and out of the lattice around the entire structure. It was very beautiful and we got many compliments for our landscaping.
So this time year I tend to think about those tulips.

The yards are not same when I walk by them now. The lady that owns the place is a gardener however. Though she choose a different route. She took out the kidney shaped yard and made it square. There are no more tulips except a few that she has planted along the walkway. Every season something pretty blooms as it did when we lived there. But I certainly like what we implemented much better.
In retrospect I do wish we would have kept that house and had not gone back to Bend as it just did not work out for us. The house down the street was too small for us only being 1350 sq.ft. However the backyard was huge and we could have easily added on to make a larger kitchen and have added on a family room. It is still a very sweet house I could have lived there forever. But as we say hindsight is better than foresight.
Here is a photo of the delphiniums. 

There is low sky this morning but it is to lift and some sun will come in early afternoon. I am hoping that is true. As the rain has brought every ugly last bit of pollen, twigs and seeds from the tree in back down onto the back deck and hot tub cover. I would like to hose the decks and do some cleaning out there this afternoon.
Tomorrow will be cloudy to partly sunny and Easter Sunday is to bring mostly sunny. So not to bad however the showers and gray return on Monday.

My husband asked me this morning if I minded that he work a half day on Easter. Well I do not. He is pushed right now to finish on time to keep his schedule on track. We do not really celebrate Easter.  Who really knows for sure the exact dates of biblical occurrences?  We are not church goers either but we recognize the religious aspects of the day and respect them.   

Today is not a busy day for me which is nice. I will finish up a few things in the office and then hopefully get outdoors. I want to take a walk later and I must vacuum the floors and area rugs. Other than that the day is pretty free which means I can read. I have not had much time this past week for reading so it will be nice to be lazy this afternoon and indulge myself. I also hope to have a nice long phone visit with my brother.
I am now feeling a little hungry as I did not even have cereal or a piece of toast this morning and I have been up since six.  So I think I will fix myself a piece of cinnamon toast and have a small dish of applesauce. I love that combination.
Have a nice Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment