Friday, April 11, 2014

FRESH WHITE DECK RAILING

I am finally through with the deck railing. Two coats of paint on each and every picket top to bottom fresh and white. A lot of work. My back is aching a little but a glass or two of wine is doing it's magic.
I love new white paint. It is so bright and clean it gleams. Now hubby will get the deck boards stained our usual red brick color. It is a nice contrast with all the green foliage about. I am good to go now until next year when I will give it another coat or two depending on winters damage.

I am making refried beans at the moment for tomorrows dip but we decided I should make a tad more so we can have bean and cheese burritos this evening. Hubby can have those but I am going to put my beans in soft hot corn tortillas. I will chop up some onion, grate some cheddar cheese and serve with taco sauce or salsa and sour cream. Sounds good to me a veggie meal.
I like the smell of the beans cooking. There is something earthy about them simmering away on the stove top. We always love them from scratch. I sometimes us milk to mash them with or sometimes I use chicken broth and sometimes a combo of both which is what I will do this evening. I am going to leave them a little chunky they will be more meaty that way for dinner. You need to add plenty of kosher salt to the beans.
When I go to fry them after draining them I use my black iron skillet. I get it hot and add a little olive oil to the bottom. Then I add a couple cloves of minced garlic. Being careful not to burn it, I then add the drained beans and cook them adding a little of my liquid of choice. I then start mashing them as I keep adding liquid and when they are consistency you want taste them. A good bet is they will need more salt. Add more salt if needed and black pepper.
We do not like ours thick or do we care for them to runny but all that is up to you as you are the one adding the liquid.
Tomorrow what is left will be morphed into bean dip with warmed white and yellow corn chips.

I know this is my second post today but it is how I relax. Either on the computer typing away or reading.
I will not post tomorrow as we will have company coming early in the day.
Have a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment