Wednesday, April 9, 2014

READY FOR SUMMERS BOUNTY

The farms just opened, I must make a run out there soon. Of course this is summers bounty at the farm. Looks so luscious makes my mouth water.

I decided to make chocolate chip walnut muffins today. I will make a dozen with company coming this weekend they will be nice to have on hand. I will put them in my cake keeper to stay fresh.

I still have not painted the deck railings as I had set that aside for today. I did not paint yesterday as the rain was to come in during the night, which it did. Today would be warm enough to paint but it is quite breezy with a north wind. I do not like to paint in the wind as it blows the paint from my brush onto the decking. So now the plan has changed until tomorrow after I get home from grocery shopping.

I am going to make a breakfast dish for my company this weekend. It is called San Antonio Migas. It is a skillet dish consisting of tomatoes, green chilies, red sweet pepper, onions, eggs, corn tortilla strips and pepper jack cheese and few other things. To me it sounds tasty and the photo of the recipe looks amazing. I will just serve it with toasted english muffins. When we have company for breakfast I love doing a big skillet dish or something in the oven. Less work and definitely less clean up.

As tomorrow is grocery shopping day I have been flying by the seat of my pants creating dinners for us. When I shopped last week it was primarily for the weekend. So that left our fridge and pantry lacking for this weeks meals.
Tonight I am going to make a simple rigatoni with our fresh frozen roasted tomato sauce. I will add onion, cocktail size frozen meatballs(I found at the bottom of the freezer) and green olives. May be an odd combo but I think it will be OK considering what I have to work with. A good helping of quality grated parmesan cheese over the top makes anything tasty. I will toast some crispy sourdough bread with garlic butter to go with.

Well my husband has been busy this morning, the fence addition is completed and now he is topping our arborvitae. We have a long stretch of it going the length of our entire back area. So this is a chore that needs doing every spring or it just gets wild and crazy like a spiked hair cut gone bad. I will keep myself busy with the muffin making and polishing off some small loads in the washer. Things I should be hand washing but will do on delicate and hang dry.
Speaking of drying, remember last year I mentioned I wanted a outside clothesline? Well I have not changed my mind but we are reconsidering as now we are thinking of building deck over the grass in that area and making a covered patio coming out from our roof where our bedroom is. Putting in a full light door in the bedroom as to access that patio. That way when we are hot tubbing we can go directly to our bedroom without tracking through the entire house. It would also provide us with a place undercover to keep the big grill, the propane patio heater and a couple of comfy chairs. So we will see how the finances go this year for taking on something like that. We can always go back to plan A and the clothesline for me.

The washer has stopped so I must fetch my delicate items from it and hang them to dry.
Have a great day you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment