Tuesday, April 22, 2014

NEW RED CHAIR

The living room is quite cozy now. I nested the furniture closer so we can hear one another easily when we talk. This is where my husband and I sit to have our conversations. Also when my daughter comes this is the room we find ourselves in rather than the family room with the television. So this is my room essentially to read, play piano, go through my recipes, write and meditate. It is the place to doze and dream when I close my eyes and listen to the tinkle of water as it flows through the water fountain. This is where I find serenity in my home.

I had to laugh today. I was looking for a blackened salmon recipe today as we are having salmon tonight and were trying to decide how to prepare it. So I typed in "blackened salmon in a black iron skillet." So the list came up on the first page. I scrolled down then, food network, cooking channel, epicurious.
I almost fell off the chair when I then saw Zo's Kitchen Tonight listed next. What? Anyhow I read through my recipe sounded good. Laugh.
I am however going to have hubby prepare the salmon the way he does trout. We love it that way. My contribution will be a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. Sounds like a good mix of textures and flavors. We have been existing on ham it seems since Sunday. Ham for breakfast, ham for lunch, ham for dinner. Well enough ham for a day or two we need a break. I purchased the smallest one possible but still over nine pounds of ham is a lot for two people to get through. Of course when I get down to the end I will freeze it and then later make a good pot of navy beans and ham. We always look forward to that. I usually will make scalloped potatoes and ham but this Easter I made a romanoff potato casserole and that is so like scalloped potatoes that it would be redundant to do that. I am thinking fried rice with diced fried ham and asparagus would be good as would ham and two cheese paninis. And I do love a good omelet with ham and cheese and scallions for dinner. I could also use the grinder on my Kitchenaid mixer and grind some ham up to make ham salad for sammies. So it will be gone at some point, no waste.

It is now time to sit in my chair in my newly rearranged living room and start a new book. I finished that incredible book I was reading that was about the research team in the Amazon jungle. I was so sorry to put it back in the bookcase. I made a note on the first page, keep this book. I will read it again in a few years.
Have a nice Tuesday evening.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment