Friday, April 25, 2014

CAMPFIRE

Ah the lure of the campfire. If it is not smoking and burning properly who does not love a campfire?  I do not enjoy a smoking fire and I am telling you in all my years of sitting around campfires I have had more than my share of smokey fires. These fires were not built or attended by my husband as he does his best to make a smokeless fire. But there are others on both sides of our families that make campfires you want to run from and do!

We are going camping very soon and we are so happy. The weather is going to be nice and warm. We are not going far just to a lovely RV park that is in our area. So I have started the camping list.

We did not have our chicken tenders last night as we were not hungry so we just had a small snack. That happens sometimes with us we just decide we do not need a meal. So that is fine by me, why have the calories and go through the ordeal of cooking and cleaning when no one is hungry? So tonight we munch on chicken fingers and eat our salad with creamy honey mustard dressing.

I had an interesting walk today. I just slipped on a hoodie over my shirt and off I went. The day has been a mixed bag of clouds and sun. A typical spring day in the valley. Well off I went I was planning on doing a loop that takes me about a forty minutes to complete. Before I could connect to the street that loops me back home the sun went away and all turned dark. Then the air was fresh with the smell of rain. I put my hand out and felt the first tender sprinkles. So what to do as the sky in just moments turned threatening. I decided it would be faster to get home by retracing my steps rather than doing the loop. So I turned around and picked up my pace as the drops increased in size and fell faster. I flipped the hoodie up over my head, took my sun glasses off which I could not longer see out of anyhow. And put my shoes to pavement as fast as possible. When all was said and done it was quite exhilarating when I walked through the door. I smelled of fresh rain, my clothes were damp but I was not cold. I was breathing hard and almost in a giggly state. I decided it was a fun walk!

So now that my day is winding down and it is "my time" I am heading for the living room to read a couple of chapters before preparing dinner.
The weekend is upon us have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment