Sunday, April 6, 2014

FAMILY LOVE

I choose the color purple for this post. As purple is LOVE.
A wonderful weekend with my daughter Gina and her husband Doug. Oh how we love those two.
We had so much excitement and fun from the time they walked through the doorway. They brought us hostess gifts consisting of two bottles of champagne, a big bottle of red wine, snacks and a box of the best shrimp in the world from Belize. They are both so generous with their love and gifts.
First night my grand pizza, which was scarfed up as soon as I sliced it. Accompanied by a salad of greens, artichoke hearts, olives, onions and topped with my Mamma's homemade blue cheese dressing. Later a wedge of decadent chocolate pie with whipped topping. Just so good and we all enjoyed.
Then onto playing games on the WII. I won golf. YES!!!! I love to win(who doesn't?)and I am good at this game. Then soul touching music to finish off the evening and then after bed serenaded to sleep by the many frogs we have around our neighborhood. A great Friday night.
Saturday morning found us relaxed and ready to enjoy the day ahead. My hubby made breakfast for those that wanted it, and then I later put a little spread out of our combined snacks......delish extra sharp white cheddar with crackers, green uncured olives, chex mix, nuts and pretzels. Good snacks.
Then we called a cab and went to our nearest mexican eatery. Good fare, and a little video poker for those that wanted to play. The margarita's ripped and the food was good and plenty. So a fun time Saturday. Then home to more games, music and the TV. A good time for sure. Now it will be our turn to go their new beautiful home the end of June. We are pumped up already for that visit. We just have so much fun together what can I say? It is family love!

Now I feel I am a lucky mother. Both of my children are happy. They are both settled and enjoying life. I feel I can breathe. Isn't that what family is about? You want your children especially to be content with their lives. When they are content and well I am that way also. I know I am not responsible for their lives or the choices that they make, that is their business but I also know my Mother's heart and it wants so much for my children I brought forth in this life to be happy with their lives. So I will sleep well tonight.

Today hubby and I were tired, worn out is more like it. We just rested today enjoying a warm afternoon outdoors and a simple but delish dinner. I am beyond ready now to have a slice of that chocolate pie and get into my cozy clothes and watch the AMC awards show on the TV.
See you tomorrow, nightie, night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment