Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TIME FOR WINE COUNTRY AGAIN

So here I am at Sweet Cheeks winery a couple of years ago.This is our favorite winery to have a picnic lunch that I have packed and enjoy a bottle of their wonderful wine.
My birthday is coming up soon and we will go to wine country for the day. However we will have lunch at King Estate Winery. The food there is amazing and of course the wine is world renown. We always love wine country in spring. The various greens of the hills and valleys are so lush you almost drown in the color. On the drive through wine country here in this southern Willamette valley there is nothing but pure beauty. The apple and pear blossoms are opened wide, fluffy and fragile and against a deep blue sky they appear almost surreal. Let us hope there will be blue sky on May 1st.

There is no blue sky today. Gray clouds once again enclose us. The streets are wet and plastered with pink and white blossoms. The rain did make a perfect appearance though as my husband was expecting it to. He went up on the roof with the moss killer and sprinkled it on our moss gardens living up there. He also fertilized and put weed killer on the lawns. When you do that you need rain then to disperse it all where it needs to go. So the timing was perfect. Hopefully that moss will do as the product is named. Moss Be Gone!

Today we are staying home. Tomorrow we will run errands. First stop the DMV to renew my drivers license and get new tags for our truck. Then we are going for fast food. We were going to go to lunch at one of our fave places but decided to go for fast food burgers. And my favorite burger is the Jumbo Jack at Jack in the Box. So not exactly gourmet fare but so juicy and good, looking forward to it.

We heard back from Cover Oregon for my husbands health insurance. He has been on Lifewise Health Plan for years, but of course that more things need to be covered their rates have almost doubled. So today hubby will see what is available to him on the Cover Oregon sight and choose a plan. He will get a nice discount on the plan of his choice. So we are happy about that. I have my own plan to go along with my medicare. I think the Obama Care will work way better for us as my husband had an awfully high deductible.

Our dinner last evening was very good. Salmon fillets cooked by hubby and a warm spinach salad compliments of me. A good combination of flavors for the palate. Tonight I will make ham and cheese panini's with home fries and fry sauce. The ham is still giving birth it seems in the fridge. But we carve away at it daily.
Well I must start my day in earnest.



No comments:

Post a Comment