Monday, April 7, 2014

THE BEST SHRIMP IN THE WORLD

These are known to be the best shrimp in the world. These are what my son in law Doug brought us this past weekend.
We will prepare these tomorrow night. I am going to make them in the grill basket with just salt and pepper and lemon. I will steam some asparagus to go with.

Oh it is so lovely here today and I must get outdoors quickly as to not waste a moment. I am preparing the deck rails for painting today as doing some other cleaning and tidying outdoors. Hubby has already weeded half of the raised boxes in the garden but cannot do the other half as the debris bin is full. Now he is washing and waxing our little trailer. He will also add on to our fence this week that divides our area from our neighbors. We had a big tree doing that job but it had to removed as it broke in the windstorm. So a fence will replace that. So it is a busy day for him.

I am tired today again as I stayed until the ACM awards show was over last night and I did not sleep that well either.
I read in our paper this morning that country music is now the number genre on the radio stations across America. Country has taken the place of the Top 40 genre. That is quite amazing. I know we just got into country a couple of years ago. Hubby was always classic rock and new rock. I loved country years ago but after meeting my husband I did not listen to it any longer and learned to love his music. Of course I have always loved most types of music and listen to a huge variety. The awards show last night was very good we thought, always enjoy Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton as co-hosts.

We are looking forward to Richardson Park opening soon. It is twenty minutes from our home on Fern Ridge Reservoir.Such a lovely area to camp and the RV spots are generous in size with nice tables and fire rings. The stars at night are bright in a black sky as it is away from the city. So we will go once they are open for the season and the weather permits.
Hopefully we are through with early spring weather patterns. I am more than ready for some warmth, getting our deck together and our outdoor furniture set up. Also I have a few pots to fill this year with flowers and herbs as our hard winter killed the ones I have had for years.

It is a little after one in the afternoon so I must get on with my day.
Maybe it is nice where you are also, if so get out and enjoy this great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment