Wednesday, April 2, 2014

MISSING MY BROTHER

Yes I am missing this guy. It will be a year in June since I went camping with him at Silver Lake. That is what my hubby and I are planning on doing again when the weather lends itself to that.
And the way the weather is going it will more than likely be June again. I am hoping when we go that the weather will be nice and warm. We love going out in his fishing boat. Not that we fish much but we cruise around the lake and so enjoy the scenery. Also it may work out that my school pal Judy can drive up to Silver Lake and spend the day with us. That would be so fun for the two of us gals.


Our niece Brooke left for South Africa today via the way of Brazil. She is on a mission for her church and will be gone for six months. Working with children in the schools. She loves doing this kind of work and she has been to Uganda previously a couple of years ago. She just turned 21 and is a beautiful talented girl. She loves acting and has been in quite a few a productions here in Eugene. So off she went alone today from the Eugene airport on the first leg of her new adventure.

We have had an amazingly busy day and accomplished much. The lawns are mowed and shrubs are trimmed and weeds are pulled. The deck is as clean as it can be this time of year with the tree dropping it's husks to the new buds that adorn it. As I have said before it is the messiest tree I have ever had the pleasure to live under! Still all looks rather forlorn. My pots are sporting no plants just potting soil. The  star jasmine plant is no longer threading itself along and through the deck railings. We now only see dirty rails with winters grime upon them until I clean and repaint them. The patio table is clean but does not have the decoration of a table cloth and the chairs are old and faded so all looks lacking. 
We were talking today that it would be to our benefit to deck over the entire little back yard and sidewalk and make a roof over the top. A covered patio could then provide cover from the rain. We could have our grill under cover, a outdoor gas heater, a Tragger smoker, and we already have a small glass and iron patio table and two adorable iron chairs with pads that would be our seating in there. Also we could add a door going out of our bedroom to that deck which would adjoin our other deck with the hot tub. So when getting out the tub we could then enter the house through our bedroom and the bathroom with the shower is right there. So our minds are working. There is so much we want to do so sometimes our minds run a muck thinking of ideas to make our home more livable. 

I am in the office now writing this as my husband makes dinner, well almost. I did my share. I added to last nights salad and made sauce for the fish he is preparing. He is using our good sockeye salmon out of Alaska and he is breading it like he does his lake trout when he catches them. And then fries them in light oil until crispy. So my mouth is watering already. I love it when he cooks I will say many of girl friends feel the same way. What is better than your man cooking you an amazing meal? I love that he enjoys cooking.

We sat on the deck this afteroon after we were through with our outdoor chores. The sun was hot on our faces. Is there anything better than spring sun? It is so hot when it burns through the clouds you have to unbutton your shirt or slip into shorts or roll your long pants up and take off socks and let your bare feet loose their winter white. We were loving it.
Hubby glanced at our backyard sidewalk and said, what is that a snake? It looked like one to me. Well he walked over and it was indeed a young snake that raised up and struck at him. It was sprawled out soaking in the sun and did not want to be bothered. I long for the spring sun to stay. But we know it will gone by tomorrow afternoon and the showers will again be pattering on our deck.

Well it will not be long before hubby calls me to dinner so I will go now.
There is always tomorrow to share thoughts.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment