Monday, April 14, 2014

CHIMNEY STARTER

The chimney starter doing it's thing. We when use the little smokey joe we always use the chimney starter as we do not like to use lighter fluid as no matter how little you use it taste disgusting and is not good for you. This method involves crumpling some newspaper at the bottom of the chimney starter then filling with briquettes and lighting the paper. In not to long of time the coals start turning white and then you dump them into your grill and get them hotter and whiter and grill your food. This little items works amazing and is quick.

Our chuck steak last night was so tasty and tender. We have enough left tonight to make carna asada taco's always a fave and I have refried beans left so good mexican fare this evening.

Right now my husband is off on a important bid, of course all bids are important especially when work has been slow. As he left this morning I was struck by the fact that my hubby is a salesman first and worker second. The job must first be attained. Everyone gets at least two or three bids and sometimes more. So how you present yourself, communicate and show professionalism is just as important as the bid itself. This month has been slow as April tends to be. So time now for work and to get dollars back in the coffer after paying taxes. 
I will mail the taxes off tomorrow. When I need to write a check seems I wait until the last day.

Yesterday's weather was so enjoyable though it was breezy again. We were tired as it had been a busy weekend. After our overnight company left at about 10:00 AM I whizzed through my morning house chores. We have these amazing comfy chair/lounge slings. They are red canvass so in the afternoon I took one of them out to the deck and spent a couple of hours in the sun with my back to the wind reading. Ah what a pleasure. Just me and my book, the blue perfect sky, the lush green small leaf maple tree above me, the blue jays, a pair of them bouncing atop the deck railing squawking to me. There were three squirrels arguing with one another their mouths full of peanuts, treats from our neighbor. I so enjoyed my time out there alone with nature in my own backyard.
Later hubby brought out a bottle of chilled champagne and joined me. We sipped our drinks in the warm sun and relaxed even more then it was time to start preparing dinner. A very nice relaxing Sunday indeed.

Now I heard from my daughter this morning via the email. I am concerned about her. She also sent a photo of her face. She does not know what is wrong. Her face is swollen to the point that her eyes are barely open, her entire face is effected. She said she had some itching behind her ears before the onset of the swelling. She has been taking benedryl which gives her no relief. So her husband is taking her to the doctor today. This could be very serious if her throat were to swell and close off. This whole thing makes me very nervous I wish she would have went in to urgent care this weekend. She has not had spring allergies in the past.

I just got back from a half hour walk. It was lovely as there is no wind today. So many yards are sprinkled with colorful tulips. I adore tulips they are such a happy looking flower and their faces inside so alluring.
I walked up on the back porch of a big house that was for sale on my route. Wow, as I looked through the solid glass french doors I was peering into the most wonderful kitchen. Old fashioned appeal but with modern top quality stainless steel appliances. A huge gas range to die for. Oh how I love to cook on gas. The cabinets were white with bead board trim and with pulls like I have on my cabinets, the old fashioned bin pulls in stainless. The kitchen was so spacious with lots of light and Brazilian cherry floors. Just lovely but the floors do need a least a buff and coat as there are scratches. It appeared that the whole downstairs was hardwood flooring. So tomorrow when I walk I am going to insert one of my hubby's business cards in the door. Because I am quite sure whoever makes a offer on the house will want those floors refinished. It could work out!

Now I must finish my chores, I still need to make the beds. Clean sheets in the guest once more. It has been a busy place lately.
Ta Da.


No comments:

Post a Comment