Monday, April 28, 2014

RICHARDSON PARK

We are off to Richardson Park in the morning. Just look how beautiful it is. I hope I do not have a full blown allergy attack as there are a lot of trees there of all varieties. I will take my allergy pills for sure. 
Today is in the 60's, tomorrow in the 70's and then moving on into the 80's for the remainder of the week. What I wonderful birthday I will have on Thursday I feel blessed. Three nights away with my sweet hubby staying at this beautiful place in our little trailer with all the amenities. Good food and drink, games, walks, ah, I think it is heaven.

We are so fortunate when we go away that our neighbors Bill and Dee watch over our home. We do the same for them. We are right next door and they are very aware when anything out of the ordinary happens here. They have our cell number and also know that hubbies sis lives right down the street. One year when we were gone and one our underground sprinkler lines broke the water was shooting everywhere. Bill shut the water to our place from at the street before our whole lawn and area were flooded. They would be the first ones to let us know if any hanky panky is happening at our home and we do the same for them. It is nice insurance!

I was going to go grocery shopping for our little getaway yesterday morning but we were having torrents of rain and it was miserable out so I have waited until this morning. After groceries I need to go pick up a couple of new books as I will be finishing my current one in a couple of chapters now. It has been quite a interesting book all about this little gal that has OI. In case you do not know what this is it is called Ostiogenies Imperfecta which is a lack of collagen in your bones. Children born with this genetic defect have hundreds of broken bones in their lifetimes if they survive birth. It is a heart wrenching book about one families struggles and the pain of raising a child that is always breaking.

My window of time has now vanished to I will finish this and write when we return all tan and rested. Then this coming weekend we are working in our yard, spreading new red bark and trimming bushes and shrubs.
Enjoy this great weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment