Monday, September 9, 2013

BIG TREES


Posted by PicasaI posted this photo today as I stroll by three of these trees everyday I walk. I love them. I have taken lots of pictures of them. They smell so woodsy and always have crunchy needles underneath them. Oh if I were a child I surely could have fun playing house or fort or just hanging out under them all day. That is what I did when I lived on the farm and we had a lot of huge fir trees. I liked the coziness and feeling protected under the big trees.

I am off today to Trader Joe's and Walmart. I am going to wait till nine-thirty to leave as the traffic is way less at that time. 

The sun is out big this morning but you certainly can feel fall in the air even though it is to be in the high eighties today. But you know how the sky is just a shade deeper and clearer and air smells of fall flavor. Everything just seems a little sharper and brighter. I love this time of year.

Yesterday I made two more pans of roasted pasta sauce. This time I went heavy on herbs from my barrel  I added quite a hardy handful of chopped rosemary and thyme and a good size sprinkling of fresh oregano. Six whole cloves of garlic were tossed on with a good splash of oil. Oh it is going to be soooo good served in a lasagna this winter.

I am going to make this short today as I must take a shower now and be on my way.
My husband will be home earlier today than normal so we can perhaps have an eariler dinner if we like. I am making salmon patties this evening with rice and our fresh cukes and tomatoes and spinach. A quite healthy meal I feel.

Enjoy Monday as it has rolled again so fast it makes my head spin.


No comments:

Post a Comment