Sunday, September 29, 2013

THIS AND THAT

Sunday is usually my favorite day. I laid in bed this morning after waking thinking about getting up turning the coffee on and grabbing the Sunday paper out of the box by the front door. It sounded good. So I slid off our high bed, slipped on my sweat bottoms and stuck my feet into my cozy fluffy slippers and plodded off to the bathroom then headed to the kitchen. Turned the switch on the Meleta and opened the front door and reached in the paper box. WHAT??? No paper? I am not liking this one bit. I asked my hubby, did you get the paper? No, he answered. So no paper it is seven-thirty and it gets here no later than six. I am not happy as this little ritual of reading the paper(especially the Sunday paper) and having my coffee is my daily routine. It makes me happy and content, it starts my day off right.
So I begrudgingly poured my coffee splashed it with some fat free half and half and went sadly to my chair. Hubby was making his breakfast so the smell of fried red potatoes and toast was making the house smell like we were open for breakfast but it did not entice me as usual. I was almost grumpy at this point. But as I sat my coffee down on the table by my chair I noticed the "The Eugene Weekly" I had picked it up yesterday at the pizza parlor. YES! I now had something to read. Though the weekly is a very liberal(hippy) publication I sometimes cannot resist pouring through it. So I made my morning work. Hot rich creamy coffee and reading the local rag.

We did get our paper about an hour ago. There was an apology online. The main printer at the Register Guard had crashed so the paper had to be sent out and printed at other facilities. So now I have just finished the big Sunday paper with a hot buttered rum. Oh now that was a treat! So it all worked out for me.

Now about that game last night. Hey I stayed awake until the last five minutes or so. I was so sleepy and head kept dropping and I would jerk and open my eyes and continue watching. I was a trouper more than I can say for my husband who was snoring like the "Little engine that could" by the third quarter.
So our waterlogged ducks made a big splash and drowned the bears in all their misery. What a game to attend at Autzen. I know folks who were there sitting in puddles in their wet clothes and wishing to heck they were home in their warm houses. So on now to our next win. We surely hope that the DAT is going to recover in time for next weeks game. Of course they will keep you in the dark about his injury as always.

Well I am ready to join my husband as he is watching the game again. It is about the third quarter where last night he drifted off into a micro brew slumber. 
Have a nice Sunday enjoying the rain, will the sun shine again for us? I am so hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment