Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WINTERS AT THE COAST


Posted by PicasaI have mentioned to some of my friends and family that we are saving for a travel trailer. The coast will be one of our first trips. We are so looking forward to this event. In the past we have camped in tents, truck canopies(olden days) fifth wheel, 19 ft cabin cruiser  24 ft cabin cruiser, 24 ft. C class motorhome, 29 ft. C class motorhome, 26 ft. A class motor coach. So as you can see we have had quite an assortment in our 31 years together, but not a travel trailer. So we are looking forward to this new to us RV. It will not be a long one, we need something short to fit in our side yard with the little boat. It is nice that even the little ones have slides and that will surely help when we are nested in at the coast waiting out a storm.  We will be starting our trailer search after all the hunting seasons are over and the prices go down on rv's.

I must leave the house early this morning for my weekly grocery shopping and buzz back home quickly as I need to get tomatoes roasted once more. I now have eight assorted size jars in the freezer of plain sauce and pasta sauce. Two more batches today will yield another two jars. We will wind up with more jars than I first calculated we would.
My husband will be home at a decent time as he just has a finish coat to apply to a floor. So it will be nice to have an unhurried evening.

Our seventies dinner last night was a hit. Hubby loved it! Even though I made a mid size amount we have plenty left for this evenings meal so I will add some corn on the cob for a side.
I am always amazed at what Thistledown Farm has to offer as they are not a huge farm. They grow everything themselves and this time of year the selections are many. They grow the crispiest and biggest peppers. They offer many varieties  I bought a mixed bag full of cubano, yellow chili pepper(hotter than heck) hungarian yellow peppers, jalapeno's and huge green bell peppers. So I will be making some stuffed green peppers in a few days with my fresh tomato sauce. The corn was 20 ears for $2.00 so .10cents each. I only bought four as I will go again next week. We each can eat one cob at most with a meal. The corn is so sweet and juicy. I bought a bag full of their just dug red potatoes and yukon golds. Anyhow a grand time at the farm yesterday and much good eating.

Well I need to be on my way to the shower and out the door.
Have a nice hump day!
No hump here as we never have a schedule!


No comments:

Post a Comment